Toronto Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Toronto | 203.9m | 52s | Lifetime | a—A

I like the podium a lot. It also allows for more privacy for those inside. Who wants people gawking at them from the sidewalk?

Privacy is for hotel rooms, not hotel lobbies. Being seen is a part of the social life of a city. As a pedestrian, walking past long walls is often a dull experience that can discourage walking in a particular area as a pleasant way of experiencing it--uninspiring even when it comes to the Sheraton Centre which demonstrates this fault on an larger scale. Large windows by the sidewalks would make the building more interesting to people walking by, or better yet "retail"-like uses like a patio for the hotel's restaurant. The Hazelton Hotel does a good job in this regard, with large patios along the street in the summer, benches, and substantial windows contributing to a pleasant strolling environment.

^I think he was being sarcastic. Kind of hard to tell on the internet though.

Yeah, the podium is surprisingly terrible. Funny, because aA is known for well designed podiums that meet the street with plain towers above. This time, we got a bunker with a plain tower above. On the other hand, the landscaping is absolutely superb! I look forward to seeing the tulip garden.

Last edited:
Yes, there is. More hyperbole on UrbanToronto, a common condition here. Funny there's so much black and white on here in a city that specializes in gray. A month from now when this place opens, cue the posts "It looks a lot better now that it's full of life. I like how I can see into the restaurant" or whatever it is.

U can't just look at the grey. U have to look at the final product, the final look. The trees, flowers, furniture. It all makes a huge difference.

\
img1097pz.jpg

Great pics thanks for sharing!

I just noticed that this thread was started on Sept 20, 2005... 7 years ago!
Can't believe how much the city has changed in that time.

Looking forward to eating at the restaurants here.

This is the side that will face the new topiary garden and front entrance to the 4 Seasons. Right now it's a mixture of brick and aluminum siding. It'll be interesting to see what they do here.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M4W 1L4

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 12 253426 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Sep 26, 2012

Project: Other Re-Roofing/Re-Cladding

Description: Proposal to re-clad west elevation of existing fire station. TFS #312.

I was able to walk by the hotel yesterday and I've gotta say, this is definitely the best looking 5 star hotel in Toronto. Better than Trump, Shangri-la, and Ritz. Just the attention to detail and finishes on the street level are magnificent.

I saw on Breakfast Television this morning that that ribbon cutting for the hotel is at noon today, and the hotel will be open to the public in the afternoon.

Back