Toronto Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Toronto | 203.9m | 52s | Lifetime | a—A

I saw on Breakfast Television this morning that that ribbon cutting for the hotel is at noon today, and the hotel will be open to the public in the afternoon.

Yeah I've been watching the previews on the various morning shows and the new 4S looks absolutely stunning. Having been to the Ritz, SL and Trump, this one might just take the cake for me when I see it in person. Can't wait to dine at Boulud's and Buca there.

The hotel opens today? So is that huge fountain working now? If it is, somebody please take pics. Is the park beside it finished? I didn't realize opening day was TODAY!

I walked around the hotel last night and through the courtyard. The only thing not finished is the park. I have to say the workmanship and attention to detail is exceptional. The courtyard and fountain is magnificent. Shangra-La and 4S are amazing additions to the city.

It will be interesting to see half a year from now once both 4S and SL have ben operating for a while if either of them have knocked Trump out of the #1 spot on Trip Advisor for TO, or where they all rank by then.

From that Star link:
3c57e4fe42fc8879311f16a9a77e.jpg

Holy crap that bathroom looks big.

I read on SSC that the big, beautiful fountain will not have water flowing from it. The water will just bubble in the fountain but not flow over, so it won't splash on cars or people getting out of them. Is that CRAZY or what? A fountain with no water? If that is in deed true, that's just baffling. Didn't they think about that when they decided to put the fountain there? Only in Toronto!

we dropped by FS tonight to check it out....very nice indeed, the place was buzzing....lobby bar on the main floor ("D-Bar") was packed, and so was Cafe Boulud on the 2nd floor; one of the staff told me they are fully booked for dinner for the next two weeks...staff were very friendly even when we told them we were just having a look....

the fountain was lit up nicely, very impressive when you first see it...

I read on SSC that the big, beautiful fountain will not have water flowing from it. The water will just bubble in the fountain but not flow over, so it won't splash on cars or people getting out of them. Is that CRAZY or what? A fountain with no water? If that is in deed true, that's just baffling. Didn't they think about that when they decided to put the fountain there? Only in Toronto!

I have a very hard time believing this.

Me too and if so, then it's not a fountain! The media that I saw didn't have any water in the fountain yet.
I saw two news reports on Friday night and the hotel is an absolute stunner inside, outside too of course. Shangri-la still gets an extra point from me for being so engaging on University Ave and Zhang Yuan's "Rising" seemingly invites one inward, so it seems more inviting to me than the grand entrance courtyard kind of tucked away at FS.

http://www.citytv.com/toronto/citynews/video/229815

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=777946&playlistId=1.984528&binId=1.815892

Back