News   Jul 19, 2024
 417     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 1.8K     4 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 684     1 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

I commute via the 509, and though it isn't the most busy route during other off-peak times, during rush hour every single streetcar is packed to the brim by the time it gets to Bathurst and Queen's Quay, sometimes too full to allow anyone after Fleet Street to board (I always feel super bad for them when I see it happen because it gets WINDY down there). So basically it would make a ton of people make an unnecessary transfer and overcrowd that Spadina stop.

OK yes I am never there at peak hours. What you say just reinforces how shocking it is we still have no transit on Fort York and Bremner, not even a bus. Even the resurrected WWLRT proposal seems (based on the map) to give up on the Bremner route in favour of Queens' Quay. People in the neighbourhood should be up in arms.

509 ridership always looks really low to me. Wouldn't it make more sense to loop 509 at Spadina, and run 510 all the way to Union?

Broke-214x300.jpg

The problem with 509 seems to be that with the exhibition loop being closed they tend to bunch up and they may have too many out on it. Sometimes you will see like 3 509 CLRVs come into union before one 510 Spadina comes in. My guess is once they have all Flex on the 509 things will be better as they tend to spread out abi more then the CLRVs do.

Another question I saw brad ross say on twitter that after 509 is converted to Flexs hey haven't deced yet waht rout to put them on next. I know 511 has been talked about but I wonder with Exhibition loop closed until August and construction work on bathurst in April if they might put them on 50 or 504 before they head to bathurst in the summer for the ex.

Another question I saw brad ross say on twitter that after 509 is converted to Flexs hey haven't deced yet waht rout to put them on next. I know 511 has been talked about but I wonder with Exhibition loop closed until August and construction work on bathurst in April if they might put them on 50 or 504 before they head to bathurst in the summer for the ex.

Interesting. Considering that pretty much all streetcar stops have been made accessible across the network, they could probably put them on any route at this point. I would guess the 504 King next, since they are mostly all CLRVs and have been running supplementary buses for over a year now.

Interesting. Considering that pretty much all streetcar stops have been made accessible across the network, they could probably put them on any route at this point. I would guess the 504 King next, since they are mostly all CLRVs and have been running supplementary buses for over a year now.

I know 505 dundas was talked about being before 504 king but since they already use a good chunk of king getting to spadina and harberforout it would almost make sense for king to have them.

509 is next, followed by 511 ... and then 505. They've already committed to complete 511 conversion by the end of 2016.

Yes but that was before the track work was scheduled at Exhibition plus I saw something on Transit Toronto about the city doing sewer work or something like that on 511 some point and it requires the removal of an island platform on it. They could still do it when Exhibition loop reopens and just have nothing but the flexs running on it. My guess would be they may not want to add any more fixes to fleet right now after the 509 die to the construction. I assume that is also why there are ALRVs assigned to 510 as they would normally be on 511t and having so many long cars at fleet lp can be a bit of a nightmare.

If I read the CEO right, he just got a new revised schedule and most likely we will know what it is when he talks about it on Thursday.

I may have missed it, but what was the big announcement on Thursday?

I got some video of one of the new cars on Bathurst street toady on diversion from Spadia due to overhead work at Spadina loop.

I also caught one making a right onto Queens Quay heading to wards Exhibition/ Fleet loop.

Back