News   Jul 19, 2024
 398     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 1.7K     4 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 670     1 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

You can sort of see in this picture, but a new streetcar was signed 501 Queen when heading back to Leslie. When heading to spadina in the morning they are usually marked 509 or 510.
IMG_20160227_142204_1.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20160227_142204_1.jpg
    IMG_20160227_142204_1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,055
Sorry, I meant for the rollout of new streetcars**

Ah that makes sense I don't think they are really giving dates on those as it's a rolling target. Once they have enough to run both Sapadian and Harbourfront with they they will move them to other routes. 511 was supposed to be next but as Brad roos said on twitter they are re evaluating what routes to put them on. I think the next thing they are looking t right now is when they can start using them in service with the pans up. I could see them possibly taking them into service onto Spadaia or harbourfront under trolley poles and putting the pans up once they have enough that they are the only ones on the route.

Ah that makes sense I don't think they are really giving dates on those as it's a rolling target. Once they have enough to run both Sapadian and Harbourfront with they they will move them to other routes. 511 was supposed to be next but as Brad roos said on twitter they are re evaluating what routes to put them on. I think the next thing they are looking t right now is when they can start using them in service with the pans up. I could see them possibly taking them into service onto Spadaia or harbourfront under trolley poles and putting the pans up once they have enough that they are the only ones on the route.

Maybe there will be a media event in June when the 514 officially launches (John Tory and Josh Colle standing in front of a new streetcar at the Cherry Loop) announcing that the 514 will be a major service improvement and will feature the new streetcars.

According to Steve Morinos latest blog post http://stevemunro.ca/2016/02/26/ttc-service-changes-effective-sunday-march-27-2016/ it looks like they are lookiung at hourberfront being all Flexs by March 27th

The schedule starting March 27 will be based on Flexities but there will not be enough of the new streetcars to operate every run with them. This will be similar to the situation on 510 where the schedule has been based on Flexity operation since January, but ALRVs have substituted in when a Flexity is not available to maintain most of the capacity.

The rollout schedule for 2016, as set out in the customer charter, is 510 and 509 (underway) then 511, then 505.

I guess it's safe to assume the tunnel at Spadina station was closed this weekend to finish up the overheads so they can start using the pantograph soon.
No doubt they are putting up new panto friendly overhead at Spadina but, as has been discussed elsewhere, they cannot move to pantos only until all possible routes and detours are re-wired. They seem to be making good progress on this but still have many places (particularly 'junctions' to do. (e.g. most of King is finished but not at Parliament, Church and, I think, York. You can run with poles on panto wire (obviously) but can't run with pantos on 'pole wire'. (OK: it's not really the wire that is the problem, though new wire is thicker, it's the way the wire is attached that is the problem.)

Does anyone have a photo of two sections showing one that is modified for pans and the other as original, so we can see the difference on what they've changed?

I guess it's safe to assume the tunnel at Spadina station was closed this weekend to finish up the overheads so they can start using the pantograph soon.

No doubt they are putting up new panto friendly overhead at Spadina but, as has been discussed elsewhere, they cannot move to pantos only until all possible routes and detours are re-wired. They seem to be making good progress on this but still have many places (particularly 'junctions' to do. (e.g. most of King is finished but not at Parliament, Church and, I think, York. You can run with poles on panto wire (obviously) but can't run with pantos on 'pole wire'. (OK: it's not really the wire that is the problem, though new wire is thicker, it's the way the wire is attached that is the problem.)

I think all of Spadina and Queens Quay is already ready for them it's just other streets that cross them that are the problem. As far as the work in the Spadina Tunnel goes someone asked Brad Ross if that was what it was for and he said it was stuff to do with backup battery power supplies and lighting in the tunnel

The rollout schedule for 2016, as set out in the customer charter, is 510 and 509 (underway) then 511, then 505.

Although it has been said that brad ross said on twitter after 509 they are looking at evaluating where they are going to go after that. Plus as I said with Exabition lopp closed until August they may not want to have a ton of Flex short turning at Fleet as it could back service up on both lines.

I think all of Spadina and Queens Quay is already ready for them it's just other streets that cross them that are the problem. As far as the work in the Spadina Tunnel goes someone asked Brad Ross if that was what it was for and he said it was stuff to do with backup battery power supplies and lighting in the tunnel
Oh cool :) Thanks!

Back