News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.7K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 468     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

As has been widely reported, the schedule is 20 in service by the end of the year.

Presumably then, the answer to "when", is "the end of the year".

Maybe the end of the year in their dictionary is the end of the FISCAL year lol....

and what is "appropriate actions"?

I don't know.

Whatever it is should be substantial and publicly announced.

Free streetcars; free service; monetary compensation; something like that.

Then I want to see Bombardier's stock price take a major hit.

Last edited:
10 in service now. I'll be shocked if they get another 10 delivered and in service by the 31st.
It's going to be tight, but if Bombardier has indeed achieved the 5-day build as TTC reported they believed they had, then they can, barely, pull it off.

and what is "appropriate actions"?
Presumably one or more of the three options in the report at the last board meeting - http://www.ttc.ca/About_the_TTC/Com..._Review_of_Options_to_Exclude_Bombardier_.pdf

Im just starting to wonder whether Bombardier will actually own the Transportation division by the time deliveries are "scheduled" to be completed. It will be interesting to see which one comes first, Bombardier selling off the Transportation division (which includes light rail vehicles) or Bombardier completing all deliveries to the TTC.

Im just starting to wonder whether Bombardier will actually own the Transportation division by the time deliveries are "scheduled" to be completed. It will be interesting to see which one comes first, Bombardier selling off the Transportation division (which includes light rail vehicles) or Bombardier completing all deliveries to the TTC.
It will be gone in 2016 as well a good portion of the company. The C plane is the killer. Bit more off than they can chew trying to be number 1 in everything they do.

Given the delivery dates have been miss so far, the best TTC can hope to have here by year end starting Monday is 22 if delivery is every 7 days. If it every 2 weeks, it will be 16. If it continue at current rate 13-14.

Damages started Aug this year and will continue until the order is cancel, BD being sold off or completed the order in 202?'s. How many free cars will TTC get for these delays??

This what you get for putting all your eggs in one basket and job protect. I have stated since 2005 this was a bad mistake and still say it is. Time to cancel and re-tender since there are a few hungry suppliers out there as well bitting the bit to get this order.

Who knows! If the costs related to these delays is less than the benefits we are able to squeeze out of Bombardier... perhaps it wasn't such a bad idea to put all of our eggs into one basket?

Who knows! If the costs related to these delays is less than the benefits we are able to squeeze out of Bombardier... perhaps it wasn't such a bad idea to put all of our eggs into one basket?

Benefits that we are able to - or might be able to? I doubt it'd be worth it if you take into account the greater cost of the delays to riders. The question in my mind is less that and more how much actual benefits we'd get from terminating the contract, vis-a-vis sticking with them.

AoD

Benefits that we are able to - or might be able to? I doubt it'd be worth it if you take into account the greater cost of the delays to riders. The question in my mind is less that and more how much actual benefits we'd get from terminating the contract, vis-a-vis sticking with them.

AoD

Both can be questioned. If it means free streetcars, that means there is money to be saved and potentially spent on other things, potentially even more streetcars.

There are reports in the Business Section that BBD is exploring having Airbus take a majority position in the production of the C Series airliner. That would likely lead to an outcome where BBD recovers the investment in the C series, but likely with the Air Division getting assimilated into Airbus - ie the end of the Company. That would be consistent with a spinoff of the Rail Division, or selloff to another manufacturer.

Hard to believe that I bought BBD stock at $19 a share in 1999. It's selling for a buck and change today.

- Paul

There are reports in the Business Section that BBD is exploring having Airbus take a majority position in the production of the C Series airliner. That would likely lead to an outcome where BBD recovers the investment in the C series, but likely with the Air Division getting assimilated into Airbus - ie the end of the Company. That would be consistent with a spinoff of the Rail Division, or selloff to another manufacturer.

Hard to believe that I bought BBD stock at $19 a share in 1999. It's selling for a buck and change today.

- Paul

There were reports - Airbus has already rejected that idea. The discussions I've seen today revolves around how this whole thing with the C-Series with end.

http://www.thestar.com/business/2015/10/07/bombardiers-future-in-doubt-as-airbus-deal-fails.html

http://business.financialpost.com/n...-beginning-of-the-end-for-cseries-experts-say

AoD

Last edited:
There were reports - Airbus has already rejected that idea. The discussions I've seen today revolves around how this whole thing with the C-Series with end.

http://www.thestar.com/business/2015/10/07/bombardiers-future-in-doubt-as-airbus-deal-fails.html

http://business.financialpost.com/n...-beginning-of-the-end-for-cseries-experts-say

AoD
And the discussion was for investment in the C-series only...not the air division (ie. not the successful Q400...regional jet, less successful (now) business jets...and other aircraft).

In my opinion, they were played a bit by Airbus......enter discussions, leak news about those discussions, back away quickly and expose some desperation at BBD. It is a strange move to consider, invest all that money and time in a plane....then just when some cashflow is about to come back from the plane going into operation, sell an interest in a fully developed plane to a competitor at a discount.

Good thing Bombardier is very much finished manufacturing Toronto Rockets.
They are getting there, but deliveries are scheduled to continue through June 2016, if they are on schedule (not that there's much concern about that, given that none of the trains still being manufactured are needed until December 2017). The last (76th) six-car trainset )(613x cars) should arrive by early March 2016 with the 6 four-car trainsets arriving through June 2016.

Though with the 69th trainset (606x cars) being delivered this week, I'm guessing that they are a bit behind, and deliveries will drag into fall 2016. Mind you, the recent CEO report said the 70th trainset wasn't due until end of 2015, and that the 76th was due by end of March 2016, with the 82nd and final by end of June 2016. - but I'm not sure why they'd suddenly be producing 6 trainsets in 3 months, which is a bit faster than their usual rate.

Back