News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 465     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

Sure it does. The accessibility community is getting screw for lack of service with the new cars to/from Union.

If you use Presto like a lot of riders do these days, you have long wait for a car.

Line management is still missing in action, as you still are getting 2 cars in a row, not spread out.

Add the strollers folks to this mess as well people who have issues with stairs.

I have seen cars turning at QQ loop and depart after another just past it going north. Then it is one of the two playing follow the leader being short turn.
All new streetcars are not the majority on any of the lines yet, so if they want to use Presto, they know they are going to have to wait for a streetcar that accepts it. That's not the fault of the TTC unless the TTC has said the line is fully Presto accepted.

Oh! I'd expect then that will create confusion at the stop, and then someone will try and climb in with a stroller or cart anyway. This could get interesting.

I guess the most efficient thing to do would be to press the blue button on the inside. Kind of obvious for a wheelchair. Less obvious for a stroller or cart, where many will simply lift it up because it's faster.

The takeaway will be to simply avoid that door boarding.

It hasn't been a problem thus far. People seem to clue in pretty quickly when the door closes and the ramp starts to come out.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

So the display is actually saying short turn, rather than just 510 to King, 510 to Queen's Quay or 510 to Union?
it just does that with king. They have it programmed with queens Quay and Spadina if they don't got union. When you get on one that is going to turn back at king the signs on the outside say 510 spadina short turn king. On the inside it announces short turn and no indication of what route it's on. I twitted Brad Ross about it and haven't gotten a response I even suggested maybe label it as a b route on them.

Is anyone seriously standing there waiting for a new streetcar instead of getting on the next available one just so they can tap their Presto card?

I am.

It's 2015 for crying out loud. I'm just not buying tickets or tokens.

Revisiting the delivery schedule of the new streetcars shows that if BBD is truly sticking to its accelerated schedule, 4412 should be delivered any time now. It is 21 days since 4411 was delivered.

4406 (delivered March 18th)
4407 (delivered April 23) - days since last delivery = 36
4408 (delivered June 10) - days since last delivery = 48
4409 (delivered July 23) - days since last delivery = 43
4410 (delivered Aug 26) - days since last delivery = 34
4411 (delivered Sept 15) - days since last delivery = 20

All new streetcars are not the majority on any of the lines yet, so if they want to use Presto, they know they are going to have to wait for a streetcar that accepts it. That's not the fault of the TTC unless the TTC has said the line is fully Presto accepted.
510 was to be all new cars Aug 31, 2014 and only 2 show up that day.

How many new cars are on 510 theses days?? At this rate, when do you expect 510 to be all new cars as well Presto??

4411 went into service when and where is 4412 let alone 4414??

TTC is making a big mistake not putting Presto into service once they are installed on the CLRV as they get roll out. Trying to keep these cars assign to 510 & 509 all the time is hard to do based on how they are allocated at the yards.

Then you need to blame Metrolinx for their failure to not only to go with a useless system in the first place, but how they are rolling it out GTHA wide.

Revisiting the delivery schedule of the new streetcars shows that if BBD is truly sticking to its accelerated schedule, 4412 should be delivered any time now. It is 21 days since 4411 was delivered.

4406 (delivered March 18th)
4407 (delivered April 23) - days since last delivery = 36
4408 (delivered June 10) - days since last delivery = 48
4409 (delivered July 23) - days since last delivery = 43
4410 (delivered Aug 26) - days since last delivery = 34
4411 (delivered Sept 15) - days since last delivery = 20
Average number of days: 36.2 days

Happened to notice the control panel at the back open as I was exiting the 509 a few days ago.

Attachments

• 2015-09-29 11.30.58.jpg
    2015-09-29 11.30.58.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 300
There is a new streetcar that never shows up on the Nextbus apps. I believe it is 4407. I have told Brad Ross and @ttchelps numerous times but they don't a shit because it has not been resolved.

Is there a more appropriate contact that I can pass along this info to?

Edit: this mornings it is car 4405 with the broken transmitter--it is moving north but apparently stuck on the map going south.

When do we conclude BBD is not keeping to its (latest) revised delivery schedule, and start taking appropriate actions?
As has been widely reported, the schedule is 20 in service by the end of the year.

Presumably then, the answer to "when", is "the end of the year".

Back