Toronto Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Toronto | 203.9m | 52s | Lifetime | a—A

cass:

18 Yorkville - looking east from the corner of Yonge and Yorkville.

AoD

It will be pretty spectacular to attend a ball at the 4S some night just before Chirstmas in a few years, snow lightly falling outside the massive windows, tuxedoed waiters wisking nibbly things about through a crowd that looks more Viennese than Torontois...

Too bad the Regency will be across the street.

Look great. I agree with Interchange - shame about the Regency. I note they did the rendering of the buildings from an angle that substantially blocks out that building.

New renderings of the park (17.02.2006) - from the Four Seasons page on the City of Toronto website:

4s_5_view_of_courtyard.jpg

4s_6_19th_century_scale.jpg

4s_3_concept_victoriancollection_box.jpg

4s_11_landscape_plan.jpg

4s_4_birdsey_view.jpg

4s_9_grandfountain.jpg

I thought the whole Neo-Victorian theme to be rather atrocious, juxtapositioned against the clean lines of Clewes-modern. ICK!

Revised Elevations (13.02.2006):

North and East

South and West

AoD

seems to be paying respect/more of a part of the firehall than the development itself...interesting, although I agree, not really a fit in the Clewesian scheme of things...

yyz:

I have no problems with the sedges organized as a rose - kinda neat actually, but the urban carpet and the ornate, oversized fountain? Gimme a break!

AoD

Urban carpet...thats fine. Carpets can have all sorts of designs, but yes you are right about the ornate victorian fountain. While this city does not have enough of them, it would be nice to see a modern take on such a fountain (which would be more appropriate for this development).

Nevertheless, lets stick the shovel in the ground and get underway on this beauty.

Love it! But what's the point in having 2 parks so close together? And who would pay $1000/night to sleep next to a fire hall? (I lived next to one once on queen st west; horrors.)

This square looks more like dundas sq should have. Now what that zone needs is a cultural institution across the street--a new library? Art gallery? Wal-mart?

On another note, the structure on the northwest corner of the site, just north of the main hotel building and exposed in the back of the courtyard, seems like an uninteresting blank wall. I have my fingers crossed that it is more interesting than that.

4s_5_view_of_courtyard.jpg

Yeah, that fountain does look quite out of place. That said, taking everything into consideration it won't have much impact. The really funny thing will be the sheer contrast between the north & south side of the street.

It looks like the height of the main tower to the top slab has been
dropped to 587 feet and to the top of the wall to 627 feet (the previous
version was about 700 feet to the top of the wall)

Still looks good...

Really disapointed that there will be a vehicular drop-off on Yorkville...that turns half of the promised park into a driveway.

That drop-off area was always there and the first proposal had no park. The park is a recent addition. The drop-off area is not taking any of the park away.

I think the planning process is coming along very nicely. I've got to give it to the developer, city, residents and other stakeholders coming together to shape the project. It appears everyone comes out a winner at the end of the day.

I approve of the new park planned and from the site plan, it appears that a ground floor restaurant with a patio will spill out into the new public square.

I hope this gets approval fairly soon so they can start sales and construction before the real estate - hotel market in Toronto collapes.

I know that's scary to think of, but how many new hotel-condo project can this city really sustain?

Louroz

Back