Toronto Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Toronto | 203.9m | 52s | Lifetime | a—A

"no, but it's not currently going ahead..."

if not for a couple of hold-outs signed to long-term leases ...

some questions:

were approvals sought and obtained for the plan above?

when was that plan developed?

how long do approvals to build normally last for in the city if nothing comes of them?

hopefully a design review panel will be in place before serious works starts on this location...

if im not mistaken once a building is approved it stays approved. what expires are building permits (for hoarding, excavation, etc)

December 13, 2005 Four Season Working Group Minutes

www.toronto.ca/planning/p...5dec13.pdf

Seems that there are 5 points to the proposal as it stands right now:

1. Tower A to be located at the corner of Bay St. and Yorkville Ave.
2. The podium height in storeys and metres.
3. The setback and sidewalk widths to allow for street trees.
4. An open public space adjacent to the Fire Hall.
5. Animation and a corner feature at Bay and Yorkville.

There also seems to be a leaning among the members towards a 200m Tower A (hotel + condos); keep in mind the submitted proposal is 55s @ 205m.

AoD

so what happens next, and when does it actually become something viable to be constructed?

So it seems like the height of 205 metres may be what the Four Seasons gets. Shadows seems to be a concern, but given the small floor plates it would probably be minimal.

I had assumed 4 Seasons had applied for 205 metres expecting (and really wanting) 150 metres. BTW, why would the city cut from 205 to 200. Why bother? What's the difference?

there is a hideous above ground parking garage directly south of this site. what are the odds of the Four Seasons development leading to that being redeveloped?

Its a domino effect, virtually all that crap will dissappear because the North side of Yorkville is going to be exceptional between Bay & Yonge - making the south side a real opportunity.

BTW, why would the city cut from 205 to 200. Why bother? What's the difference?

The city planning department often doesn't count some mechanical items in approved height. The tower could be 200m + 5m mechanical. These deiscussions are still somewhat general about height. Those smaller differencer will be figured out further into the process.

A new site plan drawing has been added to the City's website:
4s_siteplan_lg.jpg

And a new rendering:
4s_dusk_lg.jpg

Add one more to the list of Toronto's proposed towers with glass "crowns". Is it time we "cap" the list? I like the crowns but I think if it goes on like this the whole crown thing would become too repetitive.

im not sure about that park where the dealership is right now. i'm all for green space, but i think id rather see some sort of low-rise component fronting on yorkville. it would help to define the green space, and would also strengthen yorkville

Back