News   May 22, 2024
 67     0 
News   May 22, 2024
 164     0 
News   May 22, 2024
 307     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

There is a gas stationat Dufferin and Eglinton? Where exactly will this new parkette be situated?

There is a gas stationat Dufferin and Eglinton? Where exactly will this new parkette be situated?

It's bye-bye gas station, replaced by a parkette and the main entrance. See link.

dufferinplanview.jpg

Attachments

• dufferinplanview.jpg
    dufferinplanview.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 829
Cool, I like when there's a plaza or some public space at the transit station entrance.

At the 24th street BART station in San Francisco there was a nice small plaza at the station entrance, with people playing instruments, public seating etc. It was very lively & full of people.

I've got to disagree with you. Living near there, I can state first hand that there is no shortage of park space. I can also say, more often than not, that space is empty. But that's all beside the point I made, which is that the cul-de-sac could be re-purposed as a small loop, which isn't part of the parkette.

You're talking about a loop to get a bus turned around? A bus needs at least 30m outside-curb-to-outside-curb to turn around. Then at the very least you need sidewalks beyond that so add another 5m (2.5m on either side) for a total diameter of 35m. The current Vaughan Road right-of-way is probably 20m at most, so the ONLY place to get enough room for a loop is to takeover the whole plaza/park.

Could it be possible to create a small bus terminal like at Donlands Stn for 29 Dufferin northbound buses and the 90 Vaughan bus? Looking at that diagram, there does appear to be enough space for buses to enter and exit the station from the southeast corner.

Could it be possible to create a small bus terminal like at Donlands Stn for 29 Dufferin northbound buses and the 90 Vaughan bus? Looking at that diagram, there does appear to be enough space for buses to enter and exit the station from the southeast corner.

The Donlands bus loop goes completely around the station. The station entrance is effectively in the middle of a bus loop. There isn't any way to do that at the Dufferin & Eglinton station.

Question, did the removal of a lane and expanding sidewalks, particularly around Y&E get approved ?

Back