News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.7K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 733     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Damn Miller for even suggesting that rapid transit be expanded and extended into all corners of Toronto and at a lower cost to the taxpayer.

Yes, but he also glossed-over a critical component of Eglinton, and ensured that a unified Crosstown-S(L)RT will remain as two unconnected and distinct pieces. While simultaneously affirming Toronto's closed-mindedness towards the realm of transit infrastructure that exists between costly tunneled subways and (non-rapid transit) in-median lrt.

Sometime ago, a person complained about having center platforms on the underground stations along Eglinton. If they had side platforms underground, people would attempt to cross over to the other side because of the low level platforms. That would require the light rail vehicles having to stop before they enter the station because of visibility issues.

Something like:
[video=youtube_share;KIMD4lfZNko]http://youtu.be/KIMD4lfZNko?list=PLQQsB1FFV3xpkchDyUMco3h66U-Gv2vcS[/video]

Now if only they go ahead and put in platform doors, side platforms maybe a possibility. Even then with center platforms, they would still be a good idea.

How wide will the underground Eglinton LRT platforms be? Will they be like the video above?

They won't be anything like in the video above: they will be in the centre, not on the outsides.

I don't think anything can really be done about this: but I do feel bad for some of the store owners.

One store has a fence with black tarp right in front of the door, completely blocking it, and in order to walk to that store I had to walk through an area where bulldozers & trucks were moving between construction areas.

I don't think anything can really be done about this: but I do feel bad for some of the store owners.

One store has a fence with black tarp right in front of the door, completely blocking it, and in order to walk to that store I had to walk through an area where bulldozers & trucks were moving between construction areas.

I wonder if we'll see any lawsuits like we did with the St. Clair Disaster.

It's unfortunate, but there's nothing that can be done about this. We have to build our city. It will ultimately benefit us all.

I wonder if we'll see any lawsuits like we did with the St. Clair Disaster.

It's unfortunate, but there's nothing that can be done about this. We have to build our city. It will ultimately benefit us all.

Yes, no doubt, I agree, it must be done of course. They are trying to mitigate the effects by putting up signs on the construction hoarding with business signs.

By the way, I emailed them explaining how to fix the zoom level on the TBM tracker embedded Google Maps iframe, and they fixed it:
http://thecrosstown.ca/progress/track-the-tunnel-machine

(earlier it was always zoomed in really far into the launch shaft)

Yes I'm taking credit :p

In theory, any loss of business should be compensated for, but you have to provide substantiated evidence. I've heard the problem on St.Clair was some small business owners hadn't been keeping very accurate records so they couldn't provide evidence about how busy they had been before the construction and therefore couldn't be compensated; or they tried to give one set of books to the TTC and another set to the taxman. If you have been keeping accurate detailed records for some time, you should have no problem making a claim.

Last edited:
Yes, no doubt, I agree, it must be done of course. They are trying to mitigate the effects by putting up signs on the construction hoarding with business signs.

By the way, I emailed them explaining how to fix the zoom level on the TBM tracker embedded Google Maps iframe, and they fixed it:
http://thecrosstown.ca/progress/track-the-tunnel-machine

(earlier it was always zoomed in really far into the launch shaft)

Yes I'm taking credit :p

Hey look, they're almost finished digging the Eglinton West Subway! Only a 19 year delay, hahaha.

Back