1.9K     4 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 857     0 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1K     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Another Transit City Rendering:

uyx7qnB.jpg

Absolutely. I'm just wondering what could possibly change by making this an election issue.

It's part of a political strategy where you're showing voters you're "dealing with gridlock", which all of the candidates are doing in a way.

Same with the issue of delivery trucks and construction.

Some things they do may help a bit, but I'm pretty sure that in 4 years traffic will be just as bad overall as today, probably worse, no matter who gets elected.

It's clear from the picture above that if we build transit in the middle of the street Toronto will become a bizarre scary world with doppelgangers everywhere. Can't have that.

Was that the first and final vote on Egg Connects? I know some larger infrastructure projects take multiple votes to get through Council.

My understanding is, all the reports supporting EC were "accepted" which mean the City can't go back and ask the consultants to amend them now. The Official Plan amendments that are require to implement EC were adopted and are in effect. The first part of the zoning bylaw amendments required to make the zoning consistent with the Official Plan was presented to council. The second, more controversial, parts of the zoning bylaw amendments have not been released yet. The EA for the final design of the road has been completed.

In order to take EC out of the Official Plan council would have to pass another Official Plan Amendment which will require new studies and reports to justify it, so it's unlikely any councilor or mayor would do that (Doug might, but he doesn't care about wasting tax-payer dollars). They might stall on Part 1 of the zoning amendment, but they will have to pass something eventually in order to stay consistent with the Official Plan - if they don't they risk losing many OMB fights. The second part of the zoning bylaw amendment may never see the light of day, which may result in lost property taxes for the City (e.g. more development = higher property taxes from those redeveloped properties = EC is not a burden on other taxpayers).

I've heard that Metrolinx has already committed to building the road as proposed by EC in all the places they are ripping up. The City just has to fill in the gaps. If the City decides it doesn't want EC now it will have to pay a penalty to Metrolinx so they can revise all their designs, so right now, from a purely financial point-of-view, it will likely be cheaper for the City to take EC than to reject it.

It's clear from the picture above that if we build transit in the middle of the street Toronto will become a bizarre scary world with doppelgangers everywhere. Can't have that.

And cars will all have sinister tinted windows. Brr.

An I the only one who's concerbed about the lack of trees,buildings or landscape in the background? Ugh...Miller has leveled our city :(

An I the only one who's concerbed about the lack of trees,buildings or landscape in the background? Ugh...Miller has leveled our city :(

Did Miller have anything to do with Eglinton Connects?

Miller obviously created the opportunity for it to occur but AFAIK the initial report, the EA, and funding were entirely under Ford's watch.

All trees start off as saplings. Something people forget about when they plant them.

140422_NorwayMaple.jpg

Attachments

• green-levels-tree-stages.jpg
    green-levels-tree-stages.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 1,550
  • 140422_NorwayMaple.jpg
    140422_NorwayMaple.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 1,506
Last edited:
Why not apply the exact same finishing as was done on Hi-way 7 ? Probably will cost way too much ? Everything from the stations to the sidewalk treatment up there is pretty extravagant ..

Back