News   Jun 28, 2024
 3.8K     5 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.8K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 642     1 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Are they slowing down to get Allen Station work done in advance of the TBM? They first TBM seems stuck just west of Oakwood.
How do you know the TBM is stuck? The fact that the tracker hasn't been updated in 3 weeks doesn't make it so.

Yes, for those who don't know, if you click on the pins in the TBM tracker, it shows the date of the last time the tracker was updated.

It's possible that the TBM has been making progress, but the person who updates it is on vacation, or was too busy to update as often, etc.

TBM tracker updated this morning. First TBM crossed Oakwood (about 400m to go till extraction shaft), second TBM hasn't moved since last update (about a month ago)

Have any concept images of the underground stations been released, beyond this early concept?

images.png

I'm very excited to see what they'll look like! Did they end up going with the over/under design after all?

-Iain

Have any concept images of the underground stations been released, beyond this early concept?
Nothing rendered quite to so much detail I don't think, but there's reams of images for stations at www.thecrosstown.ca/the-project/stations-and-stops and various open house presentations at www.thecrosstown.ca/news-media/whats-new/public-engagement

I'm very excited to see what they'll look like! Did they end up going with the over/under design after all?
No, they've gone for centre platforms instead, as you can see in some of the renderings:
Bayview station.png

Attachments

• Bayview station.png
    Bayview station.png
    505.2 KB · Views: 1,122
TBM tracker updated this morning. First TBM crossed Oakwood (about 400m to go till extraction shaft), second TBM hasn't moved since last update (about a month ago)

Pictures via Mr. Peabody (nice dog!).

s0071_it3434.jpg

s0071_it3464.jpg

Attachments

• s0071_it3464.jpg
    s0071_it3464.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 1,013
  • s0071_it3434.jpg
    s0071_it3434.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 1,022
Nothing rendered quite to so much detail I don't think, but there's reams of images for stations at www.thecrosstown.ca/the-project/stations-and-stops and various open house presentations at www.thecrosstown.ca/news-media/whats-new/public-engagement

No, they've gone for centre platforms instead, as you can see in some of the renderings:
View attachment 34828

Thanks for the links. I was hoping to see the kind of rendered architectural images we've seen for the subway stations. Is it possible the designs haven't been completed yet for the stations? The documentation in the links just show transparent cubes etc. representing platforms and station boxes.

yup, final design is up to the private consortium that gets the contract for station construction and tunnel fitout in the spring. We probably won't see detailed station designs for another year or so. functionally they will look like what we have now but the architectural features have yet to be determined.

Will the stations be renamed at all? Nearly half of them are already existing names for stations

It's probably too early for them to decide that. Having said that, as discussed elsewhere, if we keep adding rapid transit lines, it gets more and more difficult to avoid duplicate names.

I'm currently in Chicago and the L has multiple stations with the same name, which they seem to resolve by appending the cross street. I'm a tourist and I haven't been confused by the similar names at all.

SWEET Map!

Could the Harperites pick up more votes in Toronto if they let us get rid of all the expensive secretive bureaucrats and construction crews at the TTC and Metrolinx and use our migrant worker program to import Chinese people to build some real trains in our life time? CPR 2.0?

Last edited by a moderator:

Back