Toronto CN Tower: Entry Pavilion, Plaza, Renos | ?m | ?s | CLC | Arcadis

They used to run the provincial flags sequence during the testing phase, before they reverted to the boring two-tone static display... so it's great to hear that they're running the flags display again. Hopefully they've come to their senses and will permanently ditch the static displays.

Well the CN Tower was certainly fantastic tonight. The new patterns have been introduced, and most of them involve multi coloured moving patterns.

I think that this was the first time ever that I actually stopped on the sidewalk to marvel at a Toronto structure.

Foolish Losers Awareness Program

I think the only losers are those birds that keep Darwin-ing themselves.

Thin out the herds! Survival of the strongest/those clever enough not to smash into a solid object at a high rate of speed.

Think of the possibilities - I suspect it would have a duel effect of creating a flock of Superbirds who are not only ace flyers, but also impervious to any blunt impact. It's the stuff of Hitchcock nightmares.

our hunter-gatherer ancestors are probably rolling in their graves at our stupidity. the birds are killing themselves without any effort on our part! how wasteful we have become! they had to hunt birds with spears and rocks and here we have thousands of birds falling from the heavens and all we have to do is offer the tower gods the "on" position of the light switch which pleases them ;)

Thin out the herds! Survival of the strongest/those clever enough not to smash into a solid object at a high rate of speed.

Think of the possibilities - I suspect it would have a duel effect of creating a flock of Superbirds who are not only ace flyers, but also impervious to any blunt impact. It's the stuff of Hitchcock nightmares.

Animals are more important than a lit up building.

The lights are helpful for the animals that inhabit the buildings, though.

CN Tower participates in 2007's Cavalcade of Lights

Each neighbourhood participating in this year's Cavalcade of Lights festival will be represented by the CN Tower's LED lighting on the dates listed below.
More information on this year's Cavalcade of Lights Festival -
http://www.toronto.ca/special_events/cavalcade_lights/locations.htm

November 26 Cavalcade of Lights: Downtown Toronto Blue/White

November 27 Cavalcade of Lights: Albion Islington Square Green/Purple/Red

November 28 Cavalcade of Lights: Bloor West Village Orange/Green

November 29 Cavalcade of Lights: Bloor Yorkville Blue/White/Red

November 30 CN Tower Red/White

December 3 Cavalcade of Lights: Greektown on the Danforth White/Blue

December 4 Cavalcade of Lights: Chinatown Red/Yellow

December 5 Cavalcade of Lights: Little Italy Red/White/Green

December 6 Cavalcade of Lights: Church-Wellesley Red/Yellow/Orange

December 7 CN Tower Red/White

December 10 Cavalcade of Lights: Bloorcourt Village Blue/White/Red

December 11 Cavalcade of Lights: Queen’s Quay Harbourfront Yellow/Green/Blue/Purple

December 12 Cavalcade of Lights: Junction Blue/White

December 13 Cavalcade of Lights: Kingsway Burgundy/White/Green

December 14 CN Tower Red/White

December 17 Cavalcade of Lights: Rosedale Main Street Red/Green/Blue

December 18 Cavalcade of Lights: St. Lawrence Market Neighbourhood Red/Yellow/White

December 19 Cavalcade of Lights: Yonge Lawrence Village White/Blue

December 20 Cavalcade of Lights: Toronto Entertainment District

December 21 CN Tower Red/White

December 31 New Year’s Eve. Watch the CN Tower lights for a special New Year’s Eve Countdown and midnight light show

Back