News   Apr 24, 2024
 309     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 372     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 724     1 

Sixty Loft Condos (Sorbara Development) - Real Estate -

Re: idiots?

Yes, sixtyloft MUST be registering under different names to promote their building. Other factors such as buyers googling "sixtyloft" to garner as much info as possible about the development is completely implausible. Hrmm...you're right, a lot of the people posting in the sixtyloft thread (including myself) aren't posting in the other threads. Could it be because they have a vested interest in the development that they've bought and don't really care about the other developments?

Bravo on your sleuthing skills, building babel.

None of the blissed out, Stepford Wife-ish postings by the "Soixante Six" ( kwc1980, ReggieSingh, izconsulting, Highpark, maifith, mvr ) bear any similarity to the kinds of comments we have had on any other thread about new condo buildings by any of their owners.

If I bought a unit, why would I be talking crap about it?
Anyhow, not like we are not bummed out about the delays which all the 'somehow newbie posters' have been sharing. I mentioned before that I am.

Frankly, I am not reading other posts because they are of no interest to me. This post, I have it mark to receive replies as I am sure others have and probably that's why it has been receiving the more than fair share of postings.

Babel: If you think this is some marketing scam, why don't you just let us bask in our own glory and let it go.

Maybe just happens that a lot of the 60lofters are just google junkies. It just markets to those with the same frame of mind. What can I say?!

If you want me to post stuff I don't like about it, I have quite a few too:
- close to the trains & gardiner...will I hear a lot of noise at night?
- close to bathurst and queen...will the bums come and attack me?!
- the delays..April now to December....when can I really move in?
- fire place in the model suite - insane upgrade..they should just take it out completely as it would cost more than $10k to install the one they have there.

How do all the other 'Soixante Six' feel about the items that I have mentioned?! I feel like I have started a club! :)

"close to bathurst and queen...will the bums come and attack me?!"

Yes. Yes they will. They roam in packs, glassy-eyed raiding new condos in the knowledge that the yuppies inhabitating them should have money. Recommend carrying a tazer at all times... otherwise if they come after you yell "Look! Someone dropped some crack over there!" and run for it. Never mind the treats posed by the punks and goths who decend on the Reverb, Queenshead, and Velvet on weekends...

I agree with you kwc1980. I only look at this thread because i bought into this project and none of the other posts interest me. As i have stated in my post before this one i just came here to find others who have bought into the project.

Will the bums come and attack you…..haha good question. I walk past there all the time but never at night and dont plan on it so im not to worried.

Is the fireplace in the model suite even an upgrade? I wasn’t sure if they just put it in to make it look nicer or to give people ideas. Its sweet. My husband and I actually talked about doing something like that ourselves with our unit however we like the open plan so we probably wont.

I live in a condo on King Street right now in a second floor unit. I find that the streetcar use to bother me when we first moved in but I have adjusted to the noise. I have a friend in my building that lives on the 6th floor and she doesn’t hear anything. We have bought on a higher level at sixty so hopefully noise won’t be an issue.

Hello There.

I have also bought a unit in this building.

Does anyone know how much closing costs will add up to approximately?

Also, my unit faces the East side on one of the middle floors. Does anyone think this will give a relatively good city view, or will i just be staring at the building across the street?

Regardless i am excited to move in.

Crewson.

Unfortunately, it's only a "soixante trois" as building babel's excellent sleuthing skills decided to lump in people who posted once about what unit they bought and one who warned about delays because they bought at Broadview.

My unit faces east and I've just accepted the view of the other building.

I'm not so much worried about the train noise since I can hear the train from where I am anyway (and about 100% sure I'll hear the train when I live at sixty), but more worried about all the construction noise. I guess it's just one of those things that you get accustomed to.

Too too funny.

Now we're up to the "Soixante Seven".

... No, no, wait ... we're down to the "Soixante Five" because Reggie is at Broadview - as mvr points out. And I was counting the enigmatic Highpark as a "Soixante", but he is merely "Happy" and doesn't confirm where. Mea culpa.

But confirmed are:

kwc1980
izconsulting
maifth
mvr
Crewson

Three give their unit numbers, which is very unusual for condo dwellers on this forum.

Don't encourage him Babel. Eventually, if ignored, he'll go back to pumping penny stocks on another forum.

borgos: Already there are more forum condo "residents" signed up for this smallish yet-to-be-completed building than there are forum members living in all of City Place.

Soon they'll be able to hold forum meets that will be better attended than any we've ever seen.

im a buyer. 013.

I bought a 013 unit some time ago now. Although I like a 6 foot tub, I do plan to go with a higher quality tub than the standard. Also, I desperately wanted to change the laundry closet into a shower and then change the second bathroom into a laundry closet / pantry / general storage area but they said no. Even so, I’m happy with the place but will be doing some upgrades after possession date so I can simply do the work myself (counter tops, etc).

One item I have been trying to research is the efficiency of the central boiler and cooler for the HVAC units. Anyone have any information on this? Or where it will be located with in the building?

Wouldn’t it be nice if we could convince the builder to add some solar panels to the top (unseen) roof? As well, maybe a higher efficiency glass would save us a bundle in condo fees in the long run.

Now that I'm thinking of it, if we could create a private forum for the buyers as well as prospective buyers to ask the builder questions would be nice.

And, for the buyers out there, I do occasionally go to the site to take pictures and would be happy to e-mail some out if requested.

Good Idea

Good Idea Highpark.

We have added a forum to our hosting for anyone who has bought into sixty loft and wants to continue chatting about the project.

sixtyloft.maifith.com

That Sixty Loft Smell

Looks like this thread's been dead for a while now, but let's see if this brings it back to life. (without all the nastiness a few pages back).

Before I decided to buy at Casa I was seriously considering Sixty Loft. The model suite was amazing. Very large and priced very well.

However, one thing stopped me: THAT AWFUL SMELL of the neighbourhood. I can't believe the slaughterhouse down the street hasn't been mentioned once in this thread... Is this not a concern for those new buyers? You can sometimes smell it as far away as Front and Spadina...!

It can be bad, but it depends a lot on the wind, etc.

Also, it's been there way longer than any of the recent condos, so it's not going anywhere if it doesn't want to. Still, I'd imagine someone assembling land will give the slaughterhouse enough money to move at some point in the next 10 years.

Back