News   Apr 30, 2024
 267     0 
News   Apr 29, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Apr 29, 2024
 1K     1 

Sixty Loft Condos (Sorbara Development) - Real Estate -

Re: ahhhhhhhhhh

I haven't received anything in the mail either. Till I read this post I had no idea they had further delayed occupancy. I'm living with my parents till this place is ready...can you possibly understand my pain??? I don't think so!

in the Mail

Yes i too received my notice of the occupancy delay from Canada post. I actually had to sign for the letter.

We are still really excited about this project and cant wait to move in no matter how long we have to wait.

I walked by the construction site yesterday and it looks like they are moving along which is nice to see.

I just know it'll be worth the wait!

I just got a buyer for my place! Even though the move-in date has changed, I'm gonna live rough in the ravine for a month or two with all my furniture rather than back out of this deal!

I've got a sweet spot under the Bathurst Street railway bridge set up. That way I can get to know the area better.

Don't you be occupying my turf, Babel.

Don't worry spmarshall, I'm setting up in the Don Valley Ravine ...

I'm gonna try and make some money while I'm down there waiting for my move-in date, by picking wild berries and opening up a juice bar for all the old east end hippies.

Somehow the word "juice" always creeps into my head whenever I think of this thread.

I got my notice finally. Just sad that the date has been moved out for 8 months already...<sigh>

Pictures

Does anyone have any old pictures of the building that use to be there?

Re: Pictures

I bet you dollars to doughnuts they do. And we're gonna see them.

Re: Pictures

I'm gonna try and make some money while I'm down there waiting for my move-in date, by picking wild berries and opening up a juice bar for all the old east end hippies.

That's why I'll set up under the Bathurst bridge. I will be taking video and photographs of trains and sell them to train geeks/foamers. Maybe even a coffee table book of three-quarter perspective locomotive photos of GO, VIA, Amtrak and freight trains through the area.

>Re: Pictures

Great idea spmarshall! We could set up a booth in the lobby of the "Soixante": you can sell copies of your lavish, glossy choo choo train book, and I can set up a refreshment stand with a sign saying "Juice Sales".

Re: More and more interesting plans

Well that oughta juice the sales all right.

On a more serious note I trust you will advise date of your grand opening party, followed by a more private and refined reception under said Bathurst Street bridge. It'll be a highlight of the social season.

Re: More and more interesting plans

I'm sure we can fit you in somewhere, Wilt.

But now, back to the serious business of this thread ...

Re: Sixty Loft @ 60 Bathurst Street

Before touring the model suite and seeing the standard features, I couldn't believe how low their prices were. But then I saw the standard formica kitchen counters. Who the hell still uses formica?

And the standard powder room sink looks like something in a primary school bathroom.

The open concept was good... no walls make for a very lofty feel.. but the lack of closets in many of the plans -- not good.

I left the sales office thinking that their low prices were bare bones. After adding in necessary upgrades (especially at developer prices), the prices would be the same or higher than many of the similar loft developments in the area -- all of which have superior standard features.

Re: Sixty Loft @ 60 Bathurst Street

I'd have to agree with the previous post...even thought the price is low relative to the area, the quality of the finishes and then fact that there are no closets made me second guess it...to be honest I was very close to purchasing a unit but after seeing the quality of some other projects I changed my mind...don't be lured by that the model suite as virtually everthing is an upgrade

I’m going to have to disagree.

I’m going to have to disagree.

Yes some of the standard features are not the greatest but what I think you are forgetting is that there are a lot of other features that rock. Concrete ceilings, with-in walking distance to downtown, 10 foot ceilings, BBQ (upgrade) on balcony, totally open concept, oh and how can I forget the best thing of all a 6’ deep soaker tub!

I have looked around at a lot of new developments and just having a concrete ceiling is an upgrade in some places. Most places only come with 8’ or 9’ ceilings it’s hard to find 10.

Everyone is obviously open to have an opinion and in my opinion I think this project it’s a great investment!

Re: I’m going to have to disagree.

Don't all condos have ceilings made of concrete, or am I missing something?

Back