News   Apr 18, 2024
 613     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 5.3K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.3K     4 

Sixty Loft Condos (Sorbara Development) - Real Estate -

Re: I’m going to have to disagree.

To us "Soixante" Stepford Wives there never were concrete ceilings like the concrete ceilings we're gonna get.

Also, I don't think walking distance to downtown can be called a standard feature of the condo. And, yeah, concrete ceilings and "open concept" are actually the absence of something, and not an added feature.

Concrete ceilings are just a fashion - like removing plaster and taking interior walls back to the original brickwork in trendy Cabbagetown residential renovations of the 1960's, or "loft" condominiums nowadays - with high ceilings for people who aren't artists and will never set up a large canvas and paint anything but want the trendy look of the boho lifestyle. Many consumers get a thrill from getting "less" for their money because they've been heavily marketed to and see it as getting something "more".

"Also, I don't think walking distance to downtown can be called a standard feature of the condo. And, yeah, concrete ceilings and "open concept" are actually the absence of something, and not an added feature."

Interesting... I'd like to see a condo with these things offered as optional upgrades. Like "We'll install some extra walls if you don't toss us some extra cash! Five hundred bucks for us not to stucco your ceiling!"

Re: yikes

Keep creating spin for your project and we'll keep hijacking it for more thoughtful purposes.

Re: yikes

I'm going to say that the absence of some things are indeed a feature for me.

The lack of sectioned off rooms allow for more flexibility in constructing your own personal space. I've seen condos that are bigger in square feet but because of the crappy layout, it feels much smaller. Also the lack of a pool which many condos have is a feature for me since it should (in theory) result in lower maintenance fees than ones with pools. Why should I pay for something I'll barely use? My friends had all sorts of amenities and barely used any of them the 3 years that they lived there.

The lack of a closet did bother me, but a trip to Ikea will fix that.

Overall, I'm happy with the purchase. I have yet to see a balcony of my size being offered at a reasonable rate. A lot of balconies I see nowadays are just long narrow strips that boast about the square feet. I like my big square balcony very much (especially since it'll have a bbq connection).

i agree

I agree with you the lack of closet space was a one of the major concerns for us. Once we move into our unit we are going to do a little planning and see what we can come up with for a stylish but functional solution.

The one thing that we were really pleased to see with the unit we bought was that we have a small pantry in our kitchen witch will help out with the storage for all of our food.

Having a bbq connection is going to be sweet! I’m really looking forward to having bbq’s again.

My husband and I walked by the construction site on Saturday and they are already starting with the second level, how exciting! Lets hope they stay on schedule and the occupancy date doesn’t move again.

Re: i agree

Oh maifith, was there ever a more wonderful construction project than this one? We are so lucky to have you here to keep us up to date with so many aspects of it. You must continue to do so.

You are being rude

Your comments are unnecessary and unwelcome. I don't see why you have to be such an ass to my wife. She and I are excited about this project and will post messages here.

Don't you have anything better to do in your life than belittle other projects? I guess not. You have created 5.5 posts a day for the past 3 years.

I suggest you get out, get some light, meet some friends, and move on! Your comments are degrading to my wife as an individual. This is unprofessional behavior.

Why do you have to be so mean? Try making a productive comment once in a while. >:

Re: You are being rude

If anyone needs to burst out of their one-thread posting ghetto it is not I.

Re: You are being rude

Ha, still tormenting those idiots Babel. Too easy. Hardly sporting, is it?

idiots?

So disrespectful!

“Too easy. Hardly sporting†Is this really what some of you do for fun? One who has something to gain from belittling others is obviously someone who is unhappy with their own life.

I originally posted here because I wanted to talk to others who had bought into sixty loft. This Thread has taken a turn for the worse. I had no idea I would be tormented for my own opinions about this project.

This is the last time I will post about anymore disrespectful comments you may send my way. I am a big enough person to ignore it and put an end to something that is just childish and a waste of energy.

Re: idiots?

What a joke this has become. How old are some of you?

Really. Some of this condesending BS is just so lame.

Newbie, just because their post count is high it doesn't mean their maturity level is as well.

Re: idiots?

This is a comparatively small project, yet we've seen more newbie "buyers" coincidentally registering at the same time and claiming to be moving into it than we ever did with the entire City Place!

Most of their postings, which seem to be reserved exclusively for this thread, read like thinly disguised press releases.

Back