News   Jul 12, 2024
 941     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 831     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 336     0 

Rocco Rossi wants subways too!

Miller was always supportive of the subway to York U, not to York Region. You are not concerned why Rossi deems it necessary to overload the Yonge Line before building the DRL? Interestng. Why is a potential Toronto Mayor pandering to the 905?

Miller was always supportive of the subway to York U, not to York Region. You are not concerned why Rossi deems it necessary to overload the Yonge Line before building the DRL? Interestng. Why is a potential Toronto Mayor pandering to the 905?

Maybe because he knows the province is inclined towards extending the two north/south subways into the 905 and will/have fund a share of the cost.....along with the 905 municipalites that benefit too....so they are extensions that he, as mayor, would not have to fund as much of the cost of...so he could legitimately say "I am pro-transit, look I extended subways" without straining the city's budget too much....I don't know just a thought.

Stop the Spadina extension at Steeles Avenue, and use the funds for Transit City. No Yonge extension until the Downtown Relief Line gets built.

Isn't Vaughan paying for part of the metro extension?
At any rate, that's a done deal. It's too late to go back now.

All those people for 'transit city'.... do you commute regularly more than 10 klicks on a street car?

it's great when it's a short ride on spadina... but from yonge to kennedy? everyday?

it's not the way to go.

All those people for 'transit city'.... do you commute regularly more than 10 klicks on a street car?

it's great when it's a short ride on spadina... but from yonge to kennedy? everyday?

it's not the way to go.

Transit City isn't supposed to be addressing the needs of the core, that's for the DRL to handle when the funding becomes available for it.

it's not the way to go.

The longest regular ride I take on a streetcar is from Univesity to Atlantic on the King car....and it does "seem" to take a long time....I have always assumed that TC was going to be a different animal.....more of a hybrid between true rail and our current streetcar experience.....it struck me as an interesting PR job, however, once it was built to convince people that it was not just a streetcar....steal that old GM line.."this is not your dad's streetcar"

Maybe because he knows the province is inclined towards extending the two north/south subways into the 905 and will/have fund a share of the cost.....along with the 905 municipalites that benefit too....so they are extensions that he, as mayor, would not have to fund as much of the cost of...so he could legitimately say "I am pro-transit, look I extended subways" without straining the city's budget too much....I don't know just a thought.

Maybe. He is still going to have to explain why Toronto will be shouldered with the operating cost.

it's not the way to go.

For one, the "streetcar" will be mostly in tunnel, and on the surface in ROW with signal priority. The stops are considerably wider than the current downtown streetcar stops.

You made a really poor comparison, or you do not really understand why Eglinton LRT is just as good as a subway.

Last edited:
Then how do you propose Bloor-Yonge station be saved from the looming capacity problem?

Can you give a link to Bloor-Yonge ridership projections?

Maybe. He is still going to have to explain why Toronto will be shouldered with the operating cost.

Maybe the plan is to steal ridership from GO......so people who normally totally bypass the TTC by taking GO will be lured by the cheaper fare on a subway and ride into the city that way...transferring money from GO to TTC and offsetting the increased operating costs.

Before you jump on that remember I just said it might be a plan...not that it was my plan nor that it is a good one.

Miller was always supportive of the subway to York U, not to York Region.

And what's the difference between wanting improved transit on Yonge and improved transit at York U? If anything I'd say there's probably higher demand on Yonge than at York.

You are not concerned why Rossi deems it necessary to overload the Yonge Line before building the DRL? Interestng. Why is a potential Toronto Mayor pandering to the 905?

While I don't agree with Rossi, I fail to see how it is any different than Miller allowing the TYSSE before the DRL. In fact but not asking for the DRL or making it a priority, Miller set the precedent. Here on in, it'll be very difficult to push solely for 416 subway expansion. You can thank Miller for that. He went around telling all the other levels of government that subways were too expensive and that there wasn't enough demand to make subways worthwhile in TO. He wanted LRTs. He got them. York Region wanted subways. They are getting them.

Where was Miller's defence of the DRL when MO2020 and Metrolinx RTP was being drafted? Where's his defence of the DRL now? He's now Transit City 24/7. Haven't heard a peep from him lately about the DRL. I have yet to hear Miller explain why Transit City (which increases the pressure on the YUS) took priority over the DRL.

Rossi's stance may not be perfect. But Miller is no saint on this front either.

And what's the difference between wanting improved transit on Yonge and improved transit at York U? If anything I'd say there's probably higher demand on Yonge than at York.

Well.... York, and Yonge are fairly distant from each other, heh.

I decded not to answer the rest of you post, because quite frankly, it's nonsensical rambling, and accusations. It's not the first I have heard this from you, and I doubt it will be last.

Last edited:
Referring to the Spadina extension into York. The one with the totally useless 407 station.

That useless station is on the way to a much more significant destination. If that's the complaint, let's start tearing downt the useless stops that are there now. Personally, I despise Midland and Ellesmere on the SRT. I'd like them skipped over to speed up my ride. But if York Region wants to pay for useless stations, I don't see what the big deal is. Though we'll see how useless it is once the 407 BRT is up and running.

I decded not to answer the rest of you post, because quite frankly, it's nonsencial rambling, and accusations.

Your usual statement when you don't have facts to come back with. Can you please post a recent article (in the last month or so) where Miller even mentioned the DRL? How many times did he mention the DRL at the last rally? Can you let us know?

Back