174     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 388     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 489     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have zero faith in the 39% of this city that keeps on answering positively to those polls, none. I'm going to say his support stays steady, but the pessimist in me says that there will be a tick up. I really don't think that people give a crap what he does anymore and as long as they keep on repeating talking points, people will keep on saying they'll vote for him.

As i've said before, i am certain that a very significant percentage of the people who say that they STILL support him are doing it purely out of spite, as a way poking a stick in the eye of the 'elites'. Many of them are saying they support Ford simply because they know it infuriates people, because they know they aren't supposed to by now, because it is counterfactual, because it makes other members of their family mad, and because they like pissing people off.
In other words, yet again: TROLLS.
That said, i remain convinced that many of those who are saying they support Ford now, in January, as an act of Trolling, will not pull the lever for him in the privacy of the voting booth. I think the hardcore troll vote is very unlikely to be more than 20% (a number others have put forth).

So RoFo plunders the reserves, and now when we need them they aren't there, leading to a bloated tax increase.

As i've said before, i am certain that a very significant percentage of the people who say that they STILL support him are doing it purely out of spite, as a way poking a stick in the eye of the 'elites'. Many of them are saying they support Ford simply because they know it infuriates people, because they know they aren't supposed to by now, because it is counterfactual, because it makes other members of their family mad, and because they like pissing people off.
In other words, yet again: TROLLS.
That said, i remain convinced that many of those who are saying they support Ford now, in January, as an act of Trolling, will not pull the lever for him in the privacy of the voting booth. I think the hardcore troll vote is very unlikely to be more than 20% (a number others have put forth).

Of course, but said people are either:

a) sadly stupid because the Fords ARE elites (see: drunk driving, no problem whereas I'd have a cop's boot up me arse)
or
b) said elites with a vested interest in having this train wreck go on

Sadly for this city, an overwhelming majority are the former.

People who fall for cheap tricks deserve what they get. They don't have to drag the rest of us down with them though.

There is no longer an alternative to that, especially given the lack of other local 24-hour Toronto-based news channels.
I agree that CP24 is piss poor. However, it's not like most cities have an assortment of 24-hour local news channels. London has none. New York has one, etc. CityNews Channel may have provided some competition, but was not really any better.

As i've said before, i am certain that a very significant percentage of the people who say that they STILL support him are doing it purely out of spite, as a way poking a stick in the eye of the 'elites'. Many of them are saying they support Ford simply because they know it infuriates people, because they know they aren't supposed to by now, because it is counterfactual, because it makes other members of their family mad, and because they like pissing people off. In other words, yet again: TROLLS. That said, i remain convinced that many of those who are saying they support Ford now, in January, as an act of Trolling, will not pull the lever for him in the privacy of the voting booth. I think the hardcore troll vote is very unlikely to be more than 20% (a number others have put forth).
I think you may be right here. It's a "rebel" opinion and that engages people when asked about their thoughts. Would it also engage them enough to get their ass into a voting booth and vote for the same man when there's clearly saner options? Not likely. 20% is probably his actual base (which is still shockingly high to be quite honest).

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but meth does not make you act like an idiot drunk. Neither does crack. Or coke. Not when you're high. Crackheads and cokeheads are generally messed up and act strangely all the time because of overuse and psychological and neurological difficulties associated with said overuse.

I have very extensive personal experience with these things and I guarantee that he was not on coke, crack, or meth in that video. To me, he looks drunk or analog (G or some other downers....possibly an over-excited dextromethorphan...but I am certain beyond a doubt that he is NOT on a stimulant. He wouldn't be so incoherent.

Really? GHB or DXM? I doubt it. He does seem scatterbrained as if he's having a manic episode brought on by an undisclosed bipolar disorder. But I am certain that whatever it is is also fueled by a stimulant. So my guess is a little hard alcohol, combined with crack-cocaine.

Having said that, I have seen several people have similar 'freakouts' after very little marijuana, or very little alcohol. However, these people also were bipolar.

So RoFo plunders the reserves, and now when we need them they aren't there, leading to a bloated tax increase.

Maybe he did it on purpose so that he could lay blame at the feet of everyone else for the subsequent necessary tax increase. Yell about it a lot and try to make himself look like the champion of the taxpayer. (Though to this taxpayer he ain't no champion.)

I think you may be right here. It's a "rebel" opinion and that engages people when asked about their thoughts. Would it also engage them enough to get their ass into a voting booth and vote for the same man when there's clearly saner options? Not likely. 20% is probably his actual base (which is still shockingly high to be quite honest).

A related point: When RoFo polls +/- 45% in approval ratings, that includes "strongly approve" and "somewhat approve." The support is qualified for a substantial percentage of the total. That's why Rob can have an approval rating that's higher than the percentage of people who say they'd consider voting for him.

Really? GHB or DXM? I doubt it. He does seem scatterbrained as if he's having a manic episode brought on by an undisclosed bipolar disorder. But I am certain that whatever it is is also fueled by a stimulant. So my guess is a little hard alcohol, combined with crack-cocaine.

Having said that, I have seen several people have similar 'freakouts' after very little marijuana, or very little alcohol. However, these people also were bipolar.

He's definitely drunk or analog (which is why I suggested the G). From everything I know and have personally experienced, there is no way he was high on stimulants in that video. He would not be as incoherent. Stimulants GREATLY attenuate the effects of alcohol.

I don't actually think he was anything but alcohol in that vid, I just thought it would be another downer, if anything. Definitely not a stimulant.

That being said, it is possible that he's on some sort of weak stimulant dose coupled with a high dose of a disassociative like K.....but, yeah, he just looks drunk to me.

Though, as I've said before, he's looked like he was having negative reactions to stimulant use in some of the photos made public. Psychosis would be one of these. He could be having an alcohol-triggered psychosis episode in the video.

I don't know......he's fucked. Another thing I've said before: he sure as hell uses drugs as irresponsibly as a stupid 17 year old.

Last edited:
A related point: When RoFo polls +/- 45% in approval ratings, that includes "strongly approve" and "somewhat approve." The support is qualified for a substantial percentage of the total. That's why Rob can have an approval rating that's higher than the percentage of people who say they'd consider voting for him.

In my mind "Somewhat approves" basically translates into "the city hasn't totally gone to total shit under his watch." By that definition some of the most anti-Ford people can may say that they somewhat approve of his job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back