167     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 449     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 625     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
this was all covered pretty thoroughly when that video first came out. do we really need to go through speculating what 'purse' means all over again? also, 'persy' for personal is funny and wrong.

Someone asked, so I answered. Given that 99% of things in this thread have been gone over again and again and again, I can't see it mattering much.

Also funny, perhaps, wrong -- not really. I was an addiction counselor for 17 years (until last year), an addict before that, and up until last year, I still heard people fresh into recovery saying it -- notable, as I'd tell them to drop the lingo/street talk. There are other variations, sure, but the classics never die.

Someone asked, so I answered. Given that 99% of things in this thread have been gone over again and again and again, I can't see it mattering much.

Also funny, perhaps, wrong -- not really. I was an addiction counselor for 17 years (until last year), an addict before that, and up until last year, I still heard people fresh into recovery saying it -- notable, as I'd tell them to drop the lingo/street talk. There are other variations, sure, but the classics never die.

interesting, i have a very similar background and have literally never once heard that. also, it makes no sense in the context of the video.

FWIW, I appreciate the speculation, and I recall the word "percy" being used in that context in the "Williowdale underworld" (*chuckle*) back in the late 1980s/early 1990s.

Not quite. Right before the first story broke about him he called a few dozen guys he guessed might have spoken to media about him. He called a lot of guys who had nothing to do with media coverage and threatened them and their families, etc.

Not sure if you have been asked this already, but what is your opinion on the view that Lisi is working with police on Brazen 2?

He's not at the budget meeting?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Is this not like the most important meeting to be at? Especially if you're a certain Mayor's campaign manager, and this budget will be a huge part of the campaign? It's the freaking tax hike meeting!

Perhaps there is HUGE fallout coming down the pipe in the wake of Rob calling the Chief a "C*cksucker". You know its all sticks and stones but if Doug wants to survive to go into Provincial politics he may have decided enough is enough and its time to get out of Dodge.

Perhaps Doug is going to resign his Council seat so he can distance himself from the mobile circus that is his brother.

Rachel Mendleson ‏@rachelmendleson 35m

In case you were wondering (I was) RT @JProskowGlobal: Doug Ford's staff say the councillor is not expected at city hall today.

Meanwhile, Rob is seen in pics from the media, laughing with his staff.

FWIW, I appreciate the speculation, and I recall the word "percy" being used in that context in the "Williowdale underworld" (*chuckle*) back in the late 1980s/early 1990s.

See, now *I* have learned something. I had no idea there was a Willowdale Underground! Not as cool as the Velvet Underground or as radical as the Weather Underground, I'm guessing.

(And I'm glad *you* chuckled first!)

Yup. Where I come from, it would mean that he was a distributor with the wherewithal to pay for quantities as opposed to a runner or tiny middleman who would a lot of the time get things on spot or just be the purse man's distribution network.

Could he be using Deco funds to bankroll his drug distribution?

I grew up in Willowdale. Never heard of the "Willowdale underworld" before! Did they hang out in the Willow Tree townhouses? When I was a kid that place had the reputation of being the bad area of town.

Perhaps there is HUGE fallout coming down the pipe in the wake of Rob calling the Chief a "C*cksucker". You know its all sticks and stones but if Doug wants to survive to go into Provincial politics he may have decided enough is enough and its time to get out of Dodge.

Perhaps Doug is going to resign his Council seat so he can distance himself from the mobile circus that is his brother.

Well, I guess Rob isn't going to make any more jabs at the Chief for giving an inapropriate opinion about him in public. Of course, Rob's comment was made on his "private time" (in a public restaurant). I'm wondering if Doug's finally had it - twice now he's defended his brother only to have Rob admit to his sh*tty behaviour. I also wonder if anyone in his family's speaking with him right now.

Listening to a few talk radio shows this am it burned me that they were basically discussing whether or not Ford's use of Jamaican curse words and accent was discriminatory while ignoring his intoxication, name calling of Blair, blathering about police surveillance and Lisi's presence.

Other guys but not me. I'm close to someone who's good friends with Hell's Angels. His threat against me was that he had a friend at the Toronto Sun (Warmington?) who'd investigate my family and write a story about us haha. Totally bizarre.

Jimmi, what do you think about the mafia connections to Rob Ford?

LeDrew is on CP24 acting shocked that the mayor lied to him in November when RoFo gave a 100% guarantee we'd never see him drink again. He was still tossing potshots at the Star for being too tough, though.
John Tory was quite light on Ford again on the radio yesterday too. No calls for resignation, just more calls to get help. So wishy washy on a clear matter. Not good Mayoral material.

I just had a quick peek through the '23 Things' story in the Star, and one item of which I was previously unaware honestly repulsed me: Ford showed up at Peter Worthington's funeral (after being advised not to), along with a few aides, and handed out "Vote For Ford" fridge magnets to the mourners. Let me repeat that: Ford invited himself to a man's funeral, treating it as just another self-promotion vehicle on his never-ending whistle-stop tour, and handed out cheesy election paraphernalia. To mourners. At a funeral. We can laugh at the fat fucking clown and his ridiculous antics all we like, but really, when you get right down to it, Rob Ford is pond scum. He really, really is. The simple lack of respect in that little gesture is mind-boggling, and I didn't even like Worthington!
In fairness to Robbie (did I just say that?), it would not be uncommon for the Mayor - any Mayor - to show-up at someone of Worthington's stature's funeral. In fact, it might even be expected. Everything else about the appearance is pond scum though.

Well, I guess Rob isn't going to make any more jabs at the Chief for giving an inapropriate opinion about him in public. Of course, Rob's comment was made on his "private time" (in a public restaurant). I'm wondering if Doug's finally had it - twice now he's defended his brother only to have Rob admit to his sh*tty behaviour. I also wonder if anyone in his family's speaking with him right now.

Listening to a few talk radio shows this am it burned me that they were basically discussing whether or not Ford's use of Jamaican curse words and accent was discriminatory while ignoring his intoxication, name calling of Blair, blathering about police surveillance and Lisi's presence.
If Doug isn't going into work today, he is probably hunkering down with Mama F to make a plan how to navigate out of this mess.....without admitting anything, of course.

I love how Doug did his typical deny and lie routine, only to be upstaged by Rob admitting it was him :) That part of the story should be highlighted whenever people blather on about Ford honesty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back