443     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 552     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.4K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, maybe Robbie and/or Dougie could actually be part of pulling off Project Traveller. ;)

Lol.

I'd had thoughts of this briefly when Traveller was announced.

But those two clowns wouldn't be able to contain the gloating and boasting.

As far as I know, Deco just does the printing of labels and materials, not the design work, which is typically done by others. It's a totally legitimate business.

Apologies, but I could not resist linking to this image, given your turn of phrase.

Legitimate_businessman's_social_club.png

BurlOak:

And what would you call someone who actually attempted to change established, funded projects for the past 2.5++ years, adding real cost, uncertainty and delays to transit projects (not just plans) just to give the appearance that he wants to help Scarborough (while being shown his so called "plans" are utterly without financial merit)? If you have trouble guessing who I am referring to, I can give you his name.

AoD

I would actually accept someone who changed plans, provided that they campaign on it and they act quickly when they have the power to help minimize the costs. Ford did this.

It is also a requirement that you change someone else's project and not your own. That is one of the things that make McGuinty look so bad with the gas plant scandals. It also makes Stintz look bad since she keeps backing contradictory plans. I am quite sure that if she runs for mayor, she will push for the B-D extension to STC, even though, as Chair, she voted to support the opposite plan (SRT as LRT) a year ago.

I have to say there's something about Deco that has never quite added up for me. Here's a family business that supposedly makes millions (either with the help of, or in spite of, Rob's 5-hours-a-week accounting job) and enables Ford to serve as mayor while waiving the concomitant salary, and yet their products look like uncompetitive, poorly designed crap (their website as well) and I've yet to see anyone but the Ford organization use them.

Who works there? What do they really do?

The conspiracy theories just get crazier and crazier.

DECO is a legit company. Rob Ford isn't even involved in the thing. I have been told from people in the same industry that it is 100 legit and noone in that industry suspects anything foul.

I just can't wait to hear the next conspiracy theory.

Deco must have a good gig. A couple consistent accounts who pump out a thousand bottles of spray cleaner a day. I've spent time working at a printing company in the last couple of years, and it was struggling, despite being an international company with top name clients: banks, real estate companies, auto manufacturers, cultural organizations. Most of the career printers there had been bouncing from place to place for years, telling war stories of the gravy days when they made more than doctors. Labels, which don't change that frequently, are probably printed in big lots and will ship a hundred thousand to a box, seem like they'd be squeezed on margin by offshore printers, yet Deco is regarded by almost everyone as a cash cow. Given Doug's back-slapping, hand-greasing nature, if I was an authority or a journalist (or a client) I'd be looking at their operations for kickbacks. Its rise would be an interesting story. Here's a small printer started in Etobicoke by a guy who came from nothing, and according to the Doug sold drugs story, fifteen years later Doug Sr. was hanging out with Eatons and is starting a political career that would span a couple generations.

Last edited:
The conspiracy theories just get crazier and crazier.

DECO is a legit company. Rob Ford isn't even involved in the thing. I have been told from people in the same industry that it is 100 legit and noone in that industry suspects anything foul.

I just can't wait to hear the next conspiracy theory.

Maybe it is legit, but it just doesn't make the impression that a company as successful as it's said to be would do.

And Rob Ford IS involved in it - he's said it himself that he puts in 5 or 6 hours a week there doing bookkeeping.

Maybe it is legit, but it just doesn't make the impression that a company as successful as it's said to be would do.

And Rob Ford IS involved in it - he's said it himself that he puts in 5 or 6 hours a week there doing bookkeeping.

Didn't he claim to be the CFO?

Didn't he claim to be the CFO?

He officially WAS the CFO and it was at that time that he said it was 5 hours a week; now he's not listed on their site but his schedule still says things like 'family business meeting' and 'Deco all day'.

He officially WAS the CFO and it was at that time that he said it was 5 hours a week; now he's not listed on their site but his schedule still says things like 'family business meeting' and 'Deco all day'.

Fine, but let's not drag poor Deco's name through the mud just because we all know that "Family business" and "Deco", when uttered by RoFo, is just code for "getting hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh" and/or "drinking until I have heart palpatations and then kickin' it with Dixon Goonies".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back