309     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 499     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 615     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's an interesting story from an old Deco employee--c.1977-1980--written the day after Rob Ford's victory that confirms everything we know really.

^Interesting blog btw with a lot of old (family) photos of Toronto from the 60s & 70s.

Deco Labels sounds like a legit biz: Why not apply for a job? They run 3 shifts!

Deco Labels reminds me of some manufacturing companies I've worked for, mostly in Montreal: family owned, cheap tight wads (don't like paying OT, rarely get pay raises, always threatening you to work harder or get fired), vote conservative, owners live in a large suburban home, owner's family and friends all seem to have the best jobs there even if they're not educated, and generally play into a modern version of a Dickens novel stereotype. There are tens of thousands of such companies in the GTA! Many real estate developers operate the same way and are no doubt huge RF supporters.

Last edited:
It's silly to try to link Deco Labels without any solid proof. Regardless, the only scandal that will sink Ford will have to do with his core strengths- money management, being a man of the people and 'honesty'. The video was one good example; if it had been discovered after Ford had made his statements, it would have hit two of the three strengths (regarding his comments on minorities and the lie he made regarding the video).

I'm still holding out hope that the video will surface at some point before the next election; at this point, Ford and the Star have thrown many punches, but landed relatively few hits. Both have come out of this stalemate bruised, but not defeated.

One wonders if any of the reporters had the foresight to pay off the night manager at the Quality Hotel & Suites on Islington.

If I give my real name will I be sued by Rob Ford? Is that the threat? Because as slander goes my comment is the equivalent of throwing a drink in someone's general direction and hitting the ground a foot and a half away. I know nothing about the business. Maybe, somehow, daddy had the connections to find the right niche, so good for them. Maybe they have specialized equipment that no one else has. But it has always seemed curious to me how Deco Labels is spoken by everyone as a license to print money for now and forever when I know that printing is far from a growth industry. (And while it might have a bigtime income stream printing labels 24 hours a day for Proctor & Gamble or whomever, it seems for Rob to mostly be a small shop printing cheesy business cards and fridge magnets.) So if I was a journalist and some lying boob called me a maggot, I'd be hunting around this business. We know that Doug had shady dealings before making the executive, and we know the sister and probably the older brother have dangerous associations. Smoke, sometimes fire. But, yeah, there are lots of family businesses that continue to provide expanding families with good livings despite looking behind the times and financially challenged. Maybe it's just one of those. I don't really know.

Last edited:
Driving around today, I heard, on a radio talk show, Doug and Rob are part of Project Traveler. The alleged video, the gang photos, the crack pipe, were blue smoke and mirrors.

If it's true, it's amazing to see a Mayor jeopardize/sacrifice his own safety in such a manner.

Yet, if Doug and Rob went under cover to help catch gang members, good on them.

No wonder Chief Blaire is mum on the subject.

Driving around today, I heard, on a radio talk show, Doug and Rob are part of Project Traveler. The alleged video, the gang photos, the crack pipe, were blue smoke and mirrors.

And at night Doug Jr. and his trusty sidekick Robbie dress up in spandax and fight crime from their Bat-scalade. Deco labels is actually a front for the most sophisticated private forensics lab in the country. Chief Blair summons them to police headquarters by shining a bucket of kfc into the night sky. Not only do they return every call, they also arrest every criminal. The only thing smoking in Rob's crack pipe is justice.

Last edited:

If it's true, it's amazing to see a Mayor jeopardize/sacrifice his own safety in such a manner.

I dare you or anyone to claim Deco is involved in illegal activity. I dare you to use your real name and I dare any news source to publish some of this rubbish.

The hate some people have for Rob Ford has led them to make totally absurd allegations. This is really over the top.

Ah, future bilger. just running your mouth as usual, and as clueless as ever.

No tape will ever be found. Ever. This is grounds for a very big lawsuit.

It's is extremely pathetic making such accusation when you don't have the alleged video in your possession.

Tape, iphone, satellite imagery....nothing will be found of Rob Ford "smoking crack".

…I guarantee he will win another term, by a larger margin than the last time…..

…This is ridiculous. I could say anything about anyone...because "I saw a type". I don't have the tape in my possession, but I saw it..

You sound like a Star reader.

If that video doesn't turn up, they have no reputation. In most of Europe they would face jail time if that video couldn't be produced and a slander/libel case proceeded.

You cannot make such claims without proof. Saying "I saw it on video".... "but the somalian drug dealer with the video can't be found" doesn't cut it.

and here he is again, with his trademark combo of immature hyperbole, and vaguely insulting inferences relating to 'success', 'class', 'status' etc. and implying that anyone who disagrees with him is a unsuccessful bike-riding loser.

Actually Doug help to expand the company, and was the person behind the move into the USA.

I understand it is natural for people to be jealous of successful people, but this is getting ridiculous.

Soon he will be lying again about what kind of car he drives. clearly a guy in the grip of feelings of deep inadequacy.

Things seem slow right now, with speculation and all. Inductive reasoning leads me to believe the next big Ford break is just around the corner...

And in this ring we have the AMAZING Mayor Ford and his Dancing Brother, the bombastic Councilor Dougie. In these AMAZING feats Dougie will do a soft shoe for the press and Ford Nation while Rob juggles the heads of his personal staff. All while they both try to balance the Toronto budget AND cry about their slush fund being taken away by WYNNda, the good witch of the north.

(Or something like that :))

Rob Ford does not have the intellectual capacity for any of this.

I personally think none of this is true, as these sorts of things do not need risking the lives of elected officials to occur. Something more realistic would be that the Fords provided the police with their information, in exchange for immunity; the Star's story was just a coincidence.

Or perhaps it's just people trying to reason a noble purpose for Ford?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back