News   Jul 23, 2024
 519     0 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 593     1 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 2.8K     3 

Mississauga (non-mall) Retail

Strange thing going on with the GAP at EMTC.

Went to the mall today to see the entire store (minus the GAP Kids) all boarded up in drywall.. NO notices, nothing written anywhere, and the store access was boarded up through the GAP Kids as well.

A mall employee simply said it's undergoing a renovation, but I was just at the store on Sunday and it seemed like business as usual.

Should they not have at least a sign apologizing for the closure??

Strange thing going on with the GAP at EMTC.

Went to the mall today to see the entire store (minus the GAP Kids) all boarded up in drywall.. NO notices, nothing written anywhere, and the store access was boarded up through the GAP Kids as well.

A mall employee simply said it's undergoing a renovation, but I was just at the store on Sunday and it seemed like business as usual.

Should they not have at least a sign apologizing for the closure??

I hope they're not closing in light of the Gap Outlet opening at Heartland...

I doubt its closing, they have remodelled most GTA stores, it was pretty old school

Heartland's GAP and Banana are their outlet concept (like Vaughan Mills)

I hope they're not closing in light of the Gap Outlet opening at Heartland...

Just a small update.. they moved everything into the Gap Kids location and are renovating the other half of the store. The employee there says it will take 3 months but I somehow doubt it..

That half of the store is already gutted out to the rafters so it shouldn't take more than a month or so.. Everything will then move into that half of the store and the Gap Kids will get updated.

Re: The new Oceans...

Not sure if you've had a chance to shop there yet but it has become my favourite Mississauga supermarket. The selection of most things is as good or better than T&T and the prices for prepared foods are fantastic. Parking is always much better than T & T (fewer bottlenecks in the lot) and the cashiers move much quicker.

T&T has become really stingy of late with the hot food portions even though the prices stay the same (i.e. higher than Oceans)...

Oceans. Got a good deal on blueberries, grape tomatoes and strawberries :)
20110122100.jpg

20110122103.jpg

20110122105.jpg

20110122114.jpg

Marshall's is opening at Heartland Town Centre, as I suspected.

Source: Heartland's website http://www.heartlandtown.com/newsletters

DECEMBER 21, 2010
Coming Soon
SIG Electronics
Corningware-Correlle-Revere
Arz Fine Foods
Joe Fresh
Long Tall Sally
Marshall's
New food court campus opening Fall/Winter 2010:
Barburrito
Reflex
Tutti Fruitti

Yes I realize that update was from late December but I just noticed it now ;)
I suspect it's going to be in the Northwest Quadrant (where RONA, Scotiabank, Nando's, Wendy's/Tim Hortons, etc are) and they're building that new section.

Also these postings were posted on Feb 2:

02/02/2011 Merchandise Coordinator- MARSHALLS NEW STORE OPENING - Mississauga Central Region-Store Positions Mississauga
02/02/2011 Customer Service/Operations Coordinator MARSHALLS NEW STORE OPENING in Mississauga Central Region-Store Positions Mississauga
02/02/2011 Customer Service Coordinator - MARSHALLS NEW STORE OPENING in Mississauga Central Region-Store Positions Mississauga
02/02/2011 Store Associate - MARSHALLS NEW STORE OPENING in Mississauga Central Region-Store Positions Mississauga

Source https://winners.talcura.com/candidates/defaultsplash.aspx

Quite true, but it seemed that the Teachers Union (Cadillac Fairview) wasn't all too willing to invest in the mall which is obviously key to renovating it... I suppose they may have been too busy doing up Eaton Centre.

Also keep in mind that the Teachers Union owns Maple Leafs Sports and Entertainment - and they dont' invest well in any of their teams.

Small, but important point, it is not the Teacher's Union that owns, either, CF or MLSE....it is, as others have noted, the OTPP, the Ontario Teachers Pension Plan.

Posts regarding mall retail should be in the mall retail thread, no?
Otherwise this thread gets all out of wack. I thought this thread was for non mall retail in Mississauga.

Posts regarding mall retail should be in the mall retail thread, no?
Otherwise this thread gets all out of wack. I thought this thread was for non mall retail in Mississauga.

The thread title says "New Mississauga Retail". It does not say "Non-Mall Retail In Mississauga".

Mississauga mall retail could and does go in both the "New Mall Retail Thread" and this thread. Really, other than mall retail, what is there in Mississauga anyway? Perhaps the mods could split the threads into the following "Toronto Mall Retail Thread", "Toronto Non-Mall Retail Thread", "Mississauga Mall Retail Thread" and "Mississauga Non-Mall Retail Thread" for your convenience.

Which reminds me, in the paper they mentioned the last Price Chopper in Mississauga closed (Mavis & Bristol) and was not being converted to FreshCo. I wonder why not?

Which reminds me, in the paper they mentioned the last Price Chopper in Mississauga closed (Mavis & Bristol) and was not being converted to FreshCo. I wonder why not?

I find this odd too.. They closed both locations off Bristol (the other off Hurontario).

My only guess is that places like Oceans were actually hurting them. Which is odd as there are enough homes in the area to justify the stores. And besides Eglinton, there aren't many other grocery stores in the area.

Nice catch on the Erin Mills job application.. should be an interesting next few weeks/months.

The thread title says "New Mississauga Retail". It does not say "Non-Mall Retail In Mississauga".

Mississauga mall retail could and does go in both the "New Mall Retail Thread" and this thread. Really, other than mall retail, what is there in Mississauga anyway? Perhaps the mods could split the threads into the following "Toronto Mall Retail Thread", "Toronto Non-Mall Retail Thread", "Mississauga Mall Retail Thread" and "Mississauga Non-Mall Retail Thread" for your convenience.

People in Toronto seem to be able to keep non mall retail posts in the Toronto Retail Odds & Ends thread, why can't you?

Back