News   Jul 23, 2024
 508     0 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 572     1 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 2.7K     3 

Mississauga (non-mall) Retail

Hmm.. My guess is the former CIBC location in the mall then. It's right across from the Pickle Barrel.

I was wondering what was going to take that spot, and I thought it was a possibility. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

From what I hear the new Oceans at 10/Eglinton sux. The inside is apparently very dark, prices are higher than T&T and the hot food portions are smaller than T&T's (but the taste is good). Stick to T&T (more hot food) or Yuan Ming (mostly cheaper regular groceries). If you want baked goods stick with Dong Khanh on Dundas. T&T baked goods are better much than the store within Yuan Ming but not as good as Dong Khanh. T&T is the best for one stop shopping for everything possible. Oceans isn't so great.

I've shopped there three times now and I quite like the place. The hot food portions were actually pretty substantial and reasonably priced. While they use a lot of dark wood, the lighting is good so I actually feel more relaxed shopping there than most other supermarkets. I didn't find the prices much different than T & T; some things cost a bit more and some cost a bit less. I think Oceans is fine. Are you basing your opinion on your own experiences or those of others, as indicated at the beginning of your post?

I like the Oceans. What I've had of the hot food was way better than T&T's, and they have a wider variety of products -- not just East Asian stuff.
If I recall correctly, the ceiling is painted a dark colour, but it's not exactly dark in there.

The spot across from Pickle Barrel at Erin Mills is going to be another bank, so it won't be there.

Another bank? BMO and TD and CIBC have standalone branches on Eglinton. And RBC is on Winston Churchill. What other bank could it be? Scotia is already in the mall.

Given the popularity of Chinese food in Canada, I'm surprised there hasn't been something similar to Panda Express or Yoshinoya around here. They seem to be popular in California. Or at least in Mississauga/Brampton, some sort of fast-food Indian.

If you want Asian fast food, especially Korean food, be sure to check out the food court of the Newin Centre. The fast food in malls like Manchu Wok, i don't know... I assume those cater to "American" crowd? I don't like Americanized Chinese food. I've eaten enough of that in during my time in Quebec (where 99.9% of Chinese restaurants sell Americanized food).

I've shopped there three times now and I quite like the place. The hot food portions were actually pretty substantial and reasonably priced. While they use a lot of dark wood, the lighting is good so I actually feel more relaxed shopping there than most other supermarkets. I didn't find the prices much different than T & T; some things cost a bit more and some cost a bit less. I think Oceans is fine. Are you basing your opinion on your own experiences or those of others, as indicated at the beginning of your post?

Yes, based on someone's else first impressions. I'll go there myself eventually and see for myself.

They have a Canadian website. Their .com website just lists U.S. locations.

There's one opening by Erin Mills Town Centre, and one in Kingston.

Was at the South Common Mall the other day and the opposite side of the mall between the Rogers Video and Starbucks was a big sign that said "Coming Soon, Five Guys". So this must be the 'Erin Mills location'.

Inside were half a dozen contractors working on the place. So should be open soon then.

Back