News   Jul 24, 2024
 42     0 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 554     0 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 620     1 

Mississauga (non-mall) Retail

^sucks big time

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..Now I know why those Suits were meandering about a few weeks back...

Perhaps we will now see some serious renovations

http://www.mississauga.com/news/business/article/921338--erin-mills-mall-sold

Joseph Chin|Dec 23, 2010 - 3:45 PM

Erin Mills mall sold
Erin Mills Town Centre has been sold for $370 million to the Ontario Pension Board, it was reported today by several business publications.
The 911,150-sq.-ft. mall, situated at the corner of Erin Mills Pkwy. and Eglinton Ave., was previously owned by Cadillac Fairview – the real estate arm of the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan – and Erin Mills Development Corp. Both had an equal interest in the mall.

jchin@mississauga.net

Iteresting, OTPP is divesting of a lot of big ticket investments (Regional Malls, MLSE) are they in trouble? are they shopping and need cash? Do other OTPP properties have to worry about being sold?

http://www.fibre2fashion.com/news/apparel-news/newsdetails.aspx?news_id=96420
US bridal retailer expands into Mississauga & Scarborough
March 04, 2011 (Canada)

David's Bridal, the leading U.S. bridal and special occasion authority outfitting more than a third of American brides, is proud to announce its expansion into Canada. Renowned for providing beautiful designs, incredible value and superior service, David's Bridal is excited to make its mark in Canada with two new stores in Mississauga and Scarborough, Ontario.

Not sure when it opened, but apparently their first Mississauga store is in the Walmart/Rona plaza at Winston Churchhill and Argentia.

The old Harvey's at 5 and 10 building is getting another new business owner and that is what??, 6 owners or more since Harvey's close its doors.

The old Harvey's at 5 and 10 building is getting another new business owner and that is what??, 6 owners or more since Harvey's close its doors.

I'm sorry I'm having a hard time comprehending your mangled English here.

The previous Harveys at Hurontario and King St. is getting a new owner by the sounds of what he's saying. It has been I think 3 or 4 different restaurants since Harveys left that location.

Oh okay so there's no Harvey's there anymore? I guess I haven't noticed it recently. Used to be the one we went to when I was a kid and we lived down there.

Speaking of locations that have changed tenants on a regular basis, I notice that the building at the corner of Enfield and Kariya is undergoing some minor renovations on the outside. Any word on its latest incarnation?

Was it originally a Lone Star?

I went to Starstruck at Square One yesterday, but it was gone, closed, no sign it ever existed! What's up with that? And where am I supposed buy rare DVDs now? All the way to way to downtown Toronto? That sucks/

There's a new store that opened up at Dundas/Tomken called something like "My Very Big Independent Movie Store." Signage is similar to Starstuck so maybe one of the old franchise owners decided to do their own thing.

Back