News   Jul 24, 2024
 35     0 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 550     0 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 617     1 

Mississauga (non-mall) Retail

FYI the new (slightly expanded) Guess has reopened at the EMTC. And the renovated GAP fully opened up about two weeks back. There is enough space in between the two for the Vero Moda as per the mall's floorplan.

FYI the new (slightly expanded) Guess has reopened at the EMTC. And the renovated GAP fully opened up about two weeks back. There is enough space in between the two for the Vero Moda as per the mall's floorplan.

I was just there last week and Guess was still not re-opened so this must be very recent!

Yes, I believe they opened on Friday?

guess1.JPG

guess2.JPG

Interesting - that's not where I expected it to go (there's another huge parcel of land on the north side), but that's a large site, assuming they bought the land behind the strip mall back to the tracks. That land has been undergoing remediation for the last 2 years.

Nothing much going on lately, but the Erin Mills Town Centre Danier has closed and will re-open up stairs in the Sears wing where Randy River was located. And coming in the Danier? Wind Mobile (YAWN).

But something may be coming into the former Jacob location as all of the "displays" they had there (stuff from Sears and Bombay) have now been cleared away.

Also, not sure what happened with the Vera Moda, but there is no action there and just a large advert there for the neighbouring Guess.

Last edited:
Nothing much going on lately, but the Erin Mills Town Centre Danier has closed and will re-open up stairs in the Sears wing where Randy River was located. And coming in the Danier? Wind Mobile (YAWN).

But something may be coming into the former Jacob location as all of the "displays" they had there (stuff from Sears and Bombay) have now been cleared away.

Also, not sure what happened with the Vera Moda, but there is no action there and just a large advert there for the neighbouring Guess.

Oh so they're moving Wind into an actual store from the kiosk. At least they'll have more space! And be directly across from Both Bell and Telus.

Oh so they're moving Wind into an actual store from the kiosk. At least they'll have more space! And be directly across from Both Bell and Telus.

Yep.. I suppose that's the main reason they wanted that location.. In Guelph they have a Bell World right across from a Rogers, with a Telus location next to a Koodoo kiosk and a Bestbuy Mobile coming right in between them!

But regarding the EMTC, I'm surprised the Rogers location is so small. They also have the downstairs kisok too, so it makes more sense just to have one bigger place, doesn't it?

Hmm I don't remember Rogers having a kiosk downstairs. I remember a long time ago there was a Generation Wireless downstairs which sold Rogers, but it wasn't actually a Rogers corporate store. Then it disappeared. Where is the Rogers kiosk downstairs you're referring to?

Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me (wouldn't be the first time ;) ) but I thought there was a Rogers kiosk somewhere in the main level circle, near the Koodoo and Wind locations. Could be wrong of course.

The Rogers kiosk is in the main center circle, near the candy store - sort of between Second Cup and American Eagle.

The Rogers kiosk is in the main center circle, near the candy store - sort of between Second Cup and American Eagle.

Correction, the Rogers kiosk was in the main level. I think it got removed when Wind came in. Speaking of that, the Wind location will be open in October.

And.. The vacated Jacob location finally has a new tenant; Toys R Us Express. They look like they'll be open sometime very this week:

emtc-toys.jpg

emtc-toys2.jpg

I don't know whether to laugh or cry @ Toys R Us as a tenant at Erin Mills.

Square One gets Zara and Express.

Erin Mills gets Toys R Us lol.

Square One gets Zara and Express.

Erin Mills gets Toys R Us lol.

Well if you look at it that way, it is kinda sad. But the truth of the matter is, Erin Mills is setting themselves up to be a "Family mall". The designer stores are awesome, but they're not for the average family.

I think having a PJ's Pet Centre would be another good move if that's the direction the mall is going in.

If Erin Mills doesn't give people a reason to go there, people are going to stop going there.

Back