News   Jul 29, 2024
 236     0 
News   Jul 29, 2024
 361     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.6K     1 

GTTA now Metrolinx

Can Pamela be there to serve timbits too?

Yes, yes she can (Dr. Robinson is a professor of mine and Tuscani01's, and she served timbits to celebrate the end of the large term project).

So is this:
Places19.jpg

the Scarborough bluffs? Can't say I spend much time in Lake Ontario - or Scarborough - but if so that's impressive!

Well, they've still go the stolen Google map up without attribution.

-----
I guess it is Scarborough bluffs - here's a similiar image from the same location:
269851634_8876cca36b.jpg

I should talk a walk out there one day - in the spring.

So is this:
Places19.jpg

the Scarborough bluffs? Can't say I spend much time in Lake Ontario - or Scarborough - but if so that's impressive!

Well, they've still go the stolen Google map up without attribution.
That picture is hilarious to me.

:) - "911, what is your emergency?"
:eek: - "Dear God help me! I'm drowning!"

I guess that's the new Scarborough image. They've also put up a picture of what looks like Hamilton's harbour as well as Queen's Park.

Cassius' skyline image has been replaced with a more standard view of the skyline from the north.

I guess that's the new Scarborough image. They've also put up a picture of what looks like Hamilton's harbour as well as Queen's Park.

Cassius' skyline image has been replaced with a more standard view of the skyline from the north.

Last summer I took a trip around Toronto to show a friend a side of the city that she's never seen before (her entire world is bounded by Dufferin, Lawrence, Don Mills and King). We headed down to Bluffers Park and got some really nice pictures from that very spot. Also walked out to Lighthouse Point at Tommy Thompson Park. I would have brought a bike if I had known the distance.

I've visited the Bluffs a couple of times. They're actually quite pretty.

It's awesome we have someone from the board on the, um, board. Congrats!

^^^

ahhahaha! love the original robocop film.

It's interesting to see 'Metro' back after all these years.
Save convention and detention centres, "metro" has pretty much been abandoned in these parts. If the GTA ever got a regional government, I wouldn't be opposed to calling it "Metro," but to incorporate "metro" into the name of an agency when we don't even have a "metro" level of government, seems odd, derivative and American.

I think most of you must have hit the link already, but I encourage you all to take part in Spacing's re-naming contest...

Give the GTTA a better name contest!

A few ideas that I sort of like...

1. DestinaTO
2. PronTO (goes well with the PresTO card)
3. Portage

Back