News   Jul 29, 2024
 248     0 
News   Jul 29, 2024
 368     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.6K     1 

GTTA now Metrolinx

Errr...did, um, Metrolinx steal an old rendering of future downtown buildings from UT? That image is EXTREMELY familiar.

That's a new "new urbanist" subdivision in outer Markham for those who feel the Cheddington or Cornell isn't faux enough.

What, really? You're joking, right? If not... I need to see this place. Where is it? And most importantly, do they sell Walker's Crisps and 99 Flakes?

wow, at first I thought those pictures were jokes you guys came up with...

This is what happens you put a suburbanite in charge of a transit authority.

Discussion paper 1, Towards Sustainable Transportation, looks good... lots of good examples. Interesting to know that road building and HOV lanes will be part of their mandate for the regional transportation plan.

I liked this quote
Our challenge is to shape travel behaviours by improving transportation choices and coordinating development to work with our transportation system. Just as travel behaviours have changed in the past, we can change them in the future. Past trends do not dictate policy. We must choose the future we want.

some of the statistics are interesting, especially the breakdown of different land use and transportation statistics by type of neighbourhood. For example, the average downtown Toronto household spends $7000 per year on transportation, while the average household in Streetsville or Ajax spends about $12,000 (though maybe this is partly due to a difference in household sizes). GHG emissions from weekday vehicle use are 2600 kg per year for DT toronto and 7100 kg per year for someone from Ajax.

Please, someone threaten legal action for those renderings. This site is a visual disaster. Can we stop paying 14 year olds to design websites?

MetroLinx?! Noooo!

So 1995 Internet...

You mean like
mbanx.gif

MetrolinxCassius.jpg

Is it just me or is the Trump tower in the background?
As a matter of fact it is. That's a rendering I did about 3-4 years back that included Trump, Spire the old B/A Centre, 1 King West before it was built and a few others. Every now and then that image pops up in the most unlikely places. :)

The cellphone girl is placed so convinently. Speaking of cellphone users, I hope does not portend behaviour on GTA transit. It's bad enough already!

AoD

Toronto Area Rapid Tranist! TART IT UP, BABY!!!

Back