News   May 23, 2024
 51     0 
News   May 23, 2024
 312     0 
News   May 22, 2024
 1K     1 

GTTA - MoveOntario Quick-Win Phase 2 Projects

The Toronto ATC is one of the best pieces of this project, but looking at Appendix C, it will not be until 2013 that the first phase - Eglinton to Union, will be operating. Wow - 5 years to get one section running.

Something needs to be done with the Yonge subway 5 years ago. It's becoming insane, and Bloor-Yonge is such a horrible, horrible station.

i agree.. all it takes at B-Y to create a dangerous backlog is just for one of the four trains to be running slightly behind schedule and massive crowds form, especially at the staircases between the YUS and BD platforms... if there ever was an emergency, the potential disaster is unthinkable.

honestly, i wish we sucked it up and gone through the full-scale expansion of B-Y Station back in the 80s with the third platform. the greatest benefit would be in keeping all movements on stairways in the same direction.

Wow Hamilton is getting two GO Stations? Finally getting a VIA station too?

Does anyone know whether the new station will be within proximity to MacMaster? So much GO service to Hamilton goes through there anyway, they may as well.

I note that Brampton is frozen out (and Louroz bolds and italicizes the stuff he cares about, in Mississauga). The "quick-win" isn't the LRT, that would go to Brampton, but only the pre-BRT routes on Hurontario and Dundas - Hurontario dashed line is shown as ending around the 401, which is stupid.

Don't forgot the Hurontario LRT line that'll penetrate Brampton as far north as Queen St. I'd love for the VIVA services to be extended to Bramaelea City Centre as the lo-fi, infrequently ran 77s make commutes too long. Geogretown GO does need to become bi-directional and have more evening trips as 5:45 is way too early to stop service.

That Finch-to-Steeles busway on Yonge is completely unnecessary.

Just another example of fiscal mismanagement. The TTC ... the overindulgent way since 1954 :D!

Does anyone know whether the new station will be within proximity to MacMaster? So much GO service to Hamilton goes through there anyway, they may as well.

No, the new station will be at Liuna Station, if you read the report all it ask for is a new platform, not a brand new station. So it's at James St N which is nowhere near McMaster. McMaster has it's own brand new GO terminal.

It is interesting that the "First phase Yonge Richmond Hill Extension" is the increasing of capacity on the line Eglinton-Union. It makes sense but it's a strange way to present it.

I think the TTC should just skip the ATC step and jump straight to Automatic Train Operation (ATO) with trains that drive themselves, though that might be problematic (and maybe not even possible) with the outdoor sections of the line.

I think the idea is just the ability to run trains closer together on the most crowded part of the line with the busiest stations and therefore longest station layovers.

Well, I'm the first to complain about Toronto's suburban streetcar fixation, but downtown will be a huge winner with the Yonge Subway capacity enhancement. It's south of Bloor that the worst overcrowding occurs, after all.

But they're getting a few extra buses on Hurontario!

Brampton really seems to be paying for the slight special treatment it got in the Davis days.

Back