1.2K     0 
News   Jun 24, 2024
 908     0 
News   Jun 24, 2024
 569     0 

GTTA - MoveOntario Quick-Win Phase 2 Projects

@ Louroz

Here's a fun fact:

The town of Caledon would support Peel Region Transit, according to the Regional Councillor for Caledon Ward 2. Mississauga Transit taking over Brampton Transit to become a regionally-funded system therefor has my blessing.

Are there any plans under which the VCC subway, and maybe 407 transitway, would link up with Brampton transit?

I thought the honourable member for Mississauga didn't like the idea of a regional transit system for Peel. I guess we agree.

Yes, Brampton will connect with the Spadina line. They have been on record of wanting a one-seat ride to Downsview via York U when Acceleride goes online in 2009. They are also wanting a one-seat ride at least as far as MCC as well. The Hurontario corridor improvements for Mississauga would meet the Acceleride improvements on Main Street.

I don't use BT much but to me Brampton seems to have been much more aggressive than Mississauga it terms of improving transit... Look at how long it took MT to start service for Churchill Meadows, and after all these years certain major streets still have no service, like Matheson and Tenth Line... In contrast BT extends service to new subdivision immediately despite growing much faster.

If Brampton and Caledon want to desperatly stay within a regional government and try to sucker someone else in subsidizing them, Caledon could simply join Dufferin County and Brampton can join York Region!

Louroz this is an amusing line of thought. It would be worthwhile just to have all the maps of Ontario redrawn with the new regional/county lines!

Apparently the motivation for Transit City came via a hint from the Province that IF there happened to be a plan it might get funded.

Makes sense, since the Province doesn't tend to write blank cheques.

Back