News   Apr 25, 2024
 241     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 787     2 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 806     0 

G-20 Summit in Toronto

I don't want the G20 here, it usually causes chaos for the host cities.
I like my city the way it is; a best kept secret.

Who needs the extra excitement.

As Marge Simpson said "Its so Bland, I'm home"

Confirmed

well, it's officially official....Toronto will host...from today's Star...

Toronto to host G20 summit next June

SEOUL, South Korea – Prime Minister Stephen Harper has announced that next year's all-important G-20 summit will be held in Toronto on June 26 and 27.

South Korea will host a second, related summit in Seoul, in November.

Canadian officials had hoped to hold a smaller G-8 the meeting in Huntsville and the larger G-20 meeting nearby, but the plan was deemed unworkable because of security issues.

Hosting a G20 summit implies finding at least 10,000 hotel rooms and ir-tight security for more than 30 international delegations. Huntsville has 1,000 rooms at most.

Already Ottawa has sunk $11 million into airport upgrades in North Bay, Ont., although no decision had been made on whether to fly international delegations through the northern city.

Yes, it is also on Globe and Mail and National Post sites and will doubtless soon be "everywhere". This post is an example of the 'noise' on UT (messages that add nothing new) that 'someone' quite rightly objects to and yesterday posted a comment saying: "One word replies to topics need to be deleted and members who do this warned and eventually removed for repeated one word posts.

Posts like: "lol" or "awesome" or "sweet", add nothing to a topic, and don't really need to be posted."

I dunno, DSC....is there really so much 'noise' on UT?

and khristopher's post did add information...that the cbc was reporting it as well....I think maybe your comment is a little unfair...

10,000 hotel rooms?! That's awesome for Toronto. A nice little jolt for the tourism sector to kick off the summer.

I wonder what the ratio of the 10,000 hotel rooms are in regards to protesters to delegates.

I dunno, DSC....is there really so much 'noise' on UT?

and khristopher's post did add information...that the cbc was reporting it as well....I think maybe your comment is a little unfair...

I'm used to it now. Whenever I get a snippy comment like that, I just put them on ignore.
As far as I'm concerned, the more sources and information one can get on a subject is adding to it, not making "noise".
Instead, his snippy post towards me has created said noise. First in his unnecessary reply, and then this post replying to it.
Anyway, moving on.

Yes, it is also on Globe and Mail and National Post sites and will doubtless soon be "everywhere". This post is an example of the 'noise' on UT (messages that add nothing new) that 'someone' quite rightly objects to and yesterday posted a comment saying: "One word replies to topics need to be deleted and members who do this warned and eventually removed for repeated one word posts.

Posts like: "lol" or "awesome" or "sweet", add nothing to a topic, and don't really need to be posted."

+1

Last edited:

Back