News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.1K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 470     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

Beijing Olympic 2008

Gold Rush in 2010

This would have been a totally different story if Toronto was hosting the 2008Olympics. Significant sports funding would have begun to pour into summer sports and athletes 7 years ago, and not just 4 months ago in the last Federal budget. We will not see that return on investment until the 2012 Summer Olympics in London.

That being said, we need to give the other 200 or so Canadian Athletes who have not yet competed or completed a chance. Canada has some great medal shots in the next 2 weeks to come.

Finally, as someone mentioned previously, the priority for Canada is to be number one and at the top of the medals table at the Vancouver Winter Olympics in 2010.

Louroz

Considering Canada did much better then expected in 2006, I think the committee is going full out to winning in 2010.

I think 2010 will likely see Canada finish on top and that would likely make Vancouver a very well liked Olympics unless the hippies start protesting like mad.

Once again, Mike Brown was supposedly to be the one who got "the best chance" to win a medal...LOL

And yet, they are still in the "did great" "nothing to feel bad about" blah blah...ya, pack yourself in the back, well done, make it to the final! :rolleyes:

We get that you are proud of your Chinese heritage but your pro-China, anti-Canada rants are starting to get annoying. Also in the future please edit your original post instead of creating one post after the other.

Wait, Venti de Milo is Canadian?

By the looks of his messages, he's in the wrong country and needs to do some serious soul-searching.

P.S. The propaganda is getting annoying, I agree.

We get that you are proud of your Chinese heritage but your pro-China, anti-Canada rants are starting to get annoying. Also in the future please edit your original post instead of creating one post after the other.

Making annoying posts doesn't mean he's pro-China/anti-Canada...unless you were trying to quote another one of his statements?

The gung-ho jingoism of a lot of Chinese during these events - be they in China or part of the 'diaspora' - has shown me that the Chinese will be the USA of the 21st century in more than just economic and military terms.

First of all, rather than I'm pro-China...it's more like bunch of anti-China to me. But why am I surprised? This is the western world, supposed to be more superior than others. :rolleyes:

Second of all, get your fact straight. I am NOT anti-Canada. So stop your accusation before making yourself looking stupid. I was just stating the facts. Canadian athelets in this 2008 games sux.

Third of all, I was just stating my opinion. Isn't this a message board? No? Or is this only fine for anti-China posts only and supporting China is not allowed here?

Talking about the irony...

Wait, Venti de Milo is Canadian?

By the looks of his messages, he's in the wrong country and needs to do some serious soul-searching.

P.S. The propaganda is getting annoying, I agree.

So living here has to support everything Canadians? I hate Harper, am I allowed? The propaganda eh, talking about the irony.

Actually, what they skip is middle age, going from looking like an adolescent into your 40s and then looking like a wrinkled and worn catcher's mitt from their 60s onwards.

I found that the Italians (especially the Romans) do this around 30. The men in particular.

So living here has to support everything Canadians? I hate Harper, am I allowed? The propaganda eh, talking about the irony.

No offense, but when you magnify your distaste for Canada, while covering up anything unpleasant about China, I have to wonder if you're in the right place.

Not to mention an apparent disdain for the "Western world". Why are you in it, then? Then again, it's the common BS about how the West hates China. According to the BBC poll, the worst opinions of China were from - Korea and Japan. Evil westerners hating China!

Back