Toronto Ïce Condominiums at York Centre | 234.07m | 67s | Lanterra | a—A

some new renderings

RENDERINGS_01.jpg

08WI_1_CheeseHeads.JPG

Did Clewes go on vacation to Wisconsin recently?

It also looks as though they've increased the height of the podium by a storey. It ought to be 3 or 4 storeys though, or it'll look like crap next to MLS's 8-storeys.

this is prob one of the best projects happening in toronto right now, its totaly amazing different and very artzzy cant wait for it to start

If NY can have King Kong, perhaps Toronto can settle for King Mouse. A result of the nuclear war down south, the gargantuan rodent wanders north in search of abundant food and spies the Ice condos. Chaos ensues.

Well, if this particular stylistic aspect catches on, it could open up a whole new market for condo names:

The Abertam
The Alverca
The Balaton
The Baylough
The Bosworth
The Cairnsmore

The Castellano (There's already an apartment building at Wellesley and Church called the Castellana - so....hmmmm! not so far fetched?)

The Cotherstone
The Cuajada
The Devon Garland
The Doolin
The Duddleswell
The Explorateur
The Fribourgeois
The Gammelost
The Grabetto
The Grand Vatel
The Hereford Hop
The Isle Of Mull
The Juustoleipa
The Kikorangi
The Knockalara
The Lavistown
The Little Rydings
The Longhorn
The Mimolette
The Myzithra
The Nokkelost
The Olde York
The Oszczypek
The Pecorino
The Pont l'Aveque
The Pyramide
The Quark

etc et al

The towers are quite nice but all the other elements feel gimmicky and cheap. Toronto designers just do not seem able to handle a roof element with any grace.

They already have started sales.

As for the design, perhaps if they made the roof elements fit more with the other materials being used they wouldn't stand out so much in a bad way.

I love the swiss cheese "podium" but I'm not sure this translates into love for the swiss cheese hats. I almost wonder if they planned a blue glass tower topped by a light yellow thing with holes in it and didn't realize it looks exactly like swiss cheese.

Will the swiss cheese theme carry over to the floorplans? Holes in the floor won't be a selling feature for sleepwalkers.

The towers are quite nice but all the other elements feel gimmicky and cheap. Toronto designers just do not seem able to handle a roof element with any grace.

The roof emanthal looks gouda nuf to me.:D

Canadian National: that is, officially, the most arcane list of cheeses ever. Ever. Evah.

Congrats.

Got any favourites to recommed from that list?

And Granny - bravo.

Back