News   May 10, 2024
 56     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 168     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 654     0 

Beijing Olympic 2008

Simon Whitfield was sooooo close to getting that gold. It was very exciting, if slightly disappointing when he couldn't come in first. But I'm still very proud of him. Triathlon looks exceptionally gruelling.

Simon Whitfield was sooooo close to getting that gold. It was very exciting, if slightly disappointing when he couldn't come in first. But I'm still very proud of him. Triathlon looks exceptionally gruelling.

That finish was awesome to watch. My high point of the Olympics so far.

Just imagine if, after that goose-egg first week, Canuckistan winds up surpassing its 1996 medal total...

We'll beat Sydney's 14, at least. Not sure about piling on 9 more medals, though. My entry in the pool is a total of 19.

All kinds of fuss in Scotia Plaza this morning around ten o'clock - people sitting in those bleachers watching the screen, the air abuzz with adrenalin or testosterone or whatever it is, so I assume something terribly sportif must have just happened.

I hate Michael Johnson. This is sweet.

Bolt is absolutely phenomenal. I'd rank him higher than Phelps as the story of the games.

Hopefully he's clean.

actually to the dismay of many crazy hippie Tibet supporters, interest has not been this high since 1996.

Tv Ratings are up, attendance is up and general interest is way up.

It looked like 6 months ago that some countries were going to boycott this and protest that...

Was just watching CBC Primetime and I just have to say what a great job CBC is doing.

It was really sad to watch Ron Maclean just say he's leaving because his mother had just died back home. Hang in there Ronny, I'd say you have many Canadians' support.

CBC consistently has some of the best english-language coverage of the Olympics. Enjoy it while it lasts: CTV bought the broadcast rights starting in 2010... imagine, we'll get our very own incompetent NBC-style coverage. Maybe CBC can try buying back the rights, now that CTV is worthless.

CTV Globemedia and Rogers (yes, a combined bid) has the games until 2012, but CBC is already plotting taking them back.

CBC won a hearing at the CRTC this week for a new cable channel called CBC Sports Plus that will add to its arsenal next time it bids.

I'm serious: I had no idea the Olympics were on until I saw this HBC display at Yonge and Bloor:

DSC00236-1.jpg

Back