News   May 10, 2024
 514     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 391     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 467     0 

Beijing Olympic 2008

Medal drought is over. A Gold and Bronze in women's wrestling and silver in mens pairs rowing.

Maybe the bellyachers can shut up now?

Did anyone see Usain Bolt beat his own 100m record? It was pretty incredible. I don't think that was even near the best race he could do either.

Did anyone see Usain Bolt beat his own 100m record? It was pretty incredible. I don't think that was even near the best race he could do either.

Is that the one where he stopped trying at the end and thumped his chest (or something like that). I didn't really like that.

I thought that while it would have been cool to see what he could have ran, there's something to be said about setting a world record while almost falling out of the starting block, shutting things down with 10-15m to go and giving a triumphant chest thump before the finish line. In an event that lasts ten seconds, to be able to do all of that is just amazing and the what ifs are probably even more spectacular to imagine than what he might have actually ran. He's only 20 years old and people are saying he could be the Tiger Woods of track. There's little doubt he'll break this record again and again and by London, it could be scary how fast he'll be. The guy is pretty much a kid, and there's no reason to criticize someone when they've won gold and ran faster than anyone ever.

I'd like to see height classes for some events... Track and swimming to name a couple. When the difference is a fraction of a second, a longer stride or further reach is an unfair advantage

I'd like to see height classes for some events... Track and swimming to name a couple. When the difference is a fraction of a second, a longer stride or further reach is an unfair advantage

So is having fast-twitch muscles... which can be attributed to genes.

Usain Bolt is insanely good.

really?

I was watching the Olympics tonight. And there was a commerical that showed the number "2" many times. At the end it said something about "The New 2. Sept 2" or something like that. Anyone know what that's about?

Personally I was hoping it would be the introduction of a CBC Two à la BBC Two and BBC Three.

Canada has won 4 medals today. Our total count is now at 13 medals already bettering our result of 12 medals total in Athens.

The commercials were probably for the new TSN2 network launching soon.

Anyone have a chance to watch the Triathlon yesterday? What an exciting finish.

Back