News   Jul 15, 2024
 370     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 538     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 560     0 

222 Jarvis Street LEED retrofit (former Sears office building, 9s, WZMH).

It seems as though the money is drying up, and the work may be halted soon.

How pathetic. A promised government stimulus project and they just go and let it "dry up" and stop.

I'd like to highly doubt this, and if it is indeed true, that's embarrassing for the stimulus fund project. Shall we expect the same from Maple Leaf Gardens? XD

Well, didn't the gov't say in their latest budget they'd be cutting projects? Maybe they'll go ahead with the Bay St building but cut back on this white elephant? They should sell this land to either Ryerson or a private developer--the Sears Lofts would be a good sell.

It seems to me that the building is quite inappropriate for a residential conversion, especially given the huge floor plate sizes. I can't visualize a residential floorplan that would make sense. It's not the best for an office conversion either, but that's a different matter. I'd still like to see Ryerson get it. I can visualize classrooms or labs occupying the inner parts of the building, with faculty offices etc. around the perimeters. But I understand it's unlikely.

The floor plate is big enough to create light wells and have inward and outward facing apartment units.

The guy on site said 1 year to completion,

222j.jpg

Back