News   Jul 15, 2024
 594     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 754     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 600     0 

222 Jarvis Street LEED retrofit (former Sears office building, 9s, WZMH).

Where will cars park I wonder? This site is a 10 minute walk from Dundas station (for the abled)' which is decent, but not perfect for such a large civic centre. Is there parking beneath the Sears building?

Where will cars park I wonder? This site is a 10 minute walk from Dundas station (for the abled)' which is decent, but not perfect for such a large civic centre. Is there parking beneath the Sears building?

There is a parking garage under the "Sears Building" - in the past (and, I suspect, the future) this was for people who worked there. You can also take a streetcar along Dundas if you arrive at Dundas Station.

I'd say it is safe to assume that the new condo will have plenty of pay parking available. The area could likely use a little more.

I wonder if Ryerson will be making a bid for it. They've been trying to grab up every piece of property around campus that they can. Would also seem like a logical extension of campus to me, considering the ILLC is just on the north side of 222 Jarvis.

IMG1984-L.jpg

IMG1985-L.jpg

IMG1989-XL.jpg

Gee, now the Ontario government has plans to put this building up for sale

QUICK FACTS

The Ontario government currently occupies 7.7 million square feet of space in Toronto in more than 100 buildings.
In Toronto, the realty plan would shrink the government's real estate footprint by about one million square feet, equivalent to 43 storeys of office space in the Toronto-Dominion Bank Tower.

On the sale list are:

- Guelph: 1 Stone Road West
- North Bay: 200 First Avenue West
- Oshawa: 33 King Street (Michael Starr Building)
- Peterborough: 300 Water Street (Robinson Place)
- St. Catharines: 301 St. Paul Street (Garden City Tower)
- Sudbury: 159 Cedar Street
- Thunder Bay: 189 Red River Road
- Toronto: 222 Jarvis Street

http://www.baytoday.ca/content/news/details.asp?c=46408

I guess we can also forget about any progress with the proposed 44s, 880 Bay street

The good news here is that the retrofit is certainly nearing completion and ready to be annexed into office or perhaps even educational spaces. At least we can sleep well knowing it won't meet a similar fate as Macy DuBois' 45 Charles E.

Back