News   May 17, 2024
 1.4K     2 
News   May 17, 2024
 871     2 
News   May 17, 2024
 7.3K     8 

TTC: Streetcar Network

I agree with you, considering the whole system was to be done last year. You have a number of intersections east of Spadina on King and Queen that still needs to be rebuilt for pans and schedule to be done by 2020 now. Even some of the new overhead is missing in various locations.

Have seen poles dewire at new intersections as well at Dundas W crossovers, with a photo on Nov 25. Safety issues for the driver and look forward to pans only.
31126215217_1f24eab9fe_b.jpg

32193643018_d5581d36d5_b.jpg

Maybe later in 2019 when King-Queen-Roncesvalles is done, 504 will become a panto-Route ?

More pics of the Parkside Drive/Queensway Bridge loading platform:
1544533446638.png

1544533506276.png

1544533577615.png

1544533638295.png

1544533718782.png

Each platform has a stairway as the latter two pics above and then share the common cross tunnel to the larger paired set of steps down to Parkside.

Obviously the facility is grossly underused, and could do with a touch-up. The bridge itself is due repair for spalling. The loose concrete has been hived off, and going to be refinished sometime soon. Otherwise the bridge and this facility are in remarkably good shape for the fifty plus years of age. Think Yonge Subway era, except for an upgrade must having been done mid-life.

Please pardon poor pic quality, it's a cheap cell-phone.

Obviously the facility is grossly underused, and could do with a touch-up. The bridge itself is due repair for spalling. The loose concrete has been hived off, and going to be refinished sometime soon. Otherwise the bridge and this facility are in remarkably good shape for the fifty plus years of age. Think Yonge Subway era, except for an upgrade must having been done mid-life.

Will get a refurbishment next year.

Maybe later in 2019 when King-Queen-Roncesvalles is done, 504 will become a panto-Route ?
Yes, it clearly cannot be a panto route until all of the overhead is converted and, as someone notes above, the would probably want to ensure common diversion/short-turn routes were done too (they still need to do most of the Church/Richmond/Victoria/Adelaide loop for example). However, one must wonder why they have not moved/ do not move ahead far faster with the overhead conversion so that they can stop buying cars with both poles and pantos (and maintaining the poles on the current cars.)

I thought I remember seeing somewhere that they were going to convert 514 to using panto, now that it's gone I wonder if they plan to convert half of the 504 king route to it. Does anyone know if they could run with pantos up from Broadview station to Dufferin loo without any problems other than short tuns which they can still do they just have to swap from panto to pol at some point after going off route? Also if the majority of King is usable for panto and from Queen to Boraviw is as well they can have 510, 509 and 512 cars run from Lessie barns to the route with pantos up already.

I thought I remember seeing somewhere that they were going to convert 514 to using panto, now that it's gone I wonder if they plan to convert half of the 504 king route to it. Does anyone know if they could run with pantos up from Broadview station to Dufferin loo without any problems other than short tuns which they can still do they just have to swap from panto to pol at some point after going off route? Also if the majority of King is usable for panto and from Queen to Boraviw is as well they can have 510, 509 and 512 cars run from Lessie barns to the route with pantos up already.
I stand to be corrected, but the current plans call for King/Parliament, King/Church and King/Shaw intersection being done in 2020. Queen needs Parliament, Church, Shaw and Victoria intersection to be done yet.Even the straight sections at various locations still needs to be upgrading as well on both lines.

TTC wants both Queen & King done first before pans can be use to/from the Barns to/from routes that can use them now.

I stand to be corrected, but the current plans call for King/Parliament, King/Church and King/Shaw intersection being done in 2020. Queen needs Parliament, Church, Shaw and Victoria intersection to be done yet.Even the straight sections at various locations still needs to be upgrading as well on both lines.

TTC wants both Queen & King done first before pans can be use to/from the Barns to/from routes that can use them now.

Drum. As noted above, King & Parliament overhead was done last weekend, King & Church was done several months ago and I think King & and Shaw is also completed. Certainly not all of the straight sections are done yet (but these seem to happen quite fast) and no sign yet of diversion/short-turn routes like Church done yet. I think this is the latest TTC map (fall 2017)
tractpwr003 (1).jpg

Drum. As noted above, King & Parliament overhead was done last weekend, King & Church was done several months ago and I think King & and Shaw is also completed. Certainly not all of the straight sections are done yet (but these seem to happen quite fast) and no sign yet of diversion/short-turn routes like Church done yet. I think this is the latest TTC map (fall 2017)
View attachment 166898
Thanks for the feed back, but Church/Queen wasn't done as well Queen/Victoria, Richmond/Victoria, King/Church a few weeks ago when I was there and haven't looked at others as noted in the last 2 months. McCaul/College stills need to be done as well Dundas/McCaul. Then there is Church/Carlton as well Ronc/Dundas and Dundas/Howard Park. This work got delay due to Peter pay Paul last year as well in 2016, but the sooner it gets done, then it will be pans to/from the pan routes now and the Barns.

Thanks for the feed back, but Church/Queen wasn't done as well Queen/Victoria, Richmond/Victoria, King/Church a few weeks ago when I was there and haven't looked at others as noted in the last 2 months. McCaul/College stills need to be done as well Dundas/McCaul. Then there is Church/Carlton as well Ronc/Dundas and Dundas/Howard Park. This work got delay due to Peter pay Paul last year as well in 2016, but the sooner it gets done, then it will be pans to/from the pan routes now and the Barns.
This is absurd.

And, it is possible, that to meet AODA guidelines, they might install a elevator at the Parkside Drive stop.

Sometimes questions can be answered by TTC website. Where it states: "Service on 511 BATHURST will be replaced by buses, due to a shortage of streetcars." (though they are also doing work at Bathurst Station.)

Ah, if everyone checked the website, the world would be a better place.

Reactions: DSC
And, it is possible, that to meet AODA guidelines, they might install a elevator at the Parkside Drive stop.

The spacing of stops on the Queensway is absurd. Roncey, Glendale/St Joe's, and Parkside in 700m (plus the loop). Then Ellis, Windermere and S Kingsway all also in 700m. A better solution would be to eliminate the Parkside and S. Kingsway stops (the 2 least used).

The spacing of stops on the Queensway is absurd. Roncey, Glendale/St Joe's, and Parkside in 700m (plus the loop). Then Ellis, Windermere and S Kingsway all also in 700m. A better solution would be to eliminate the Parkside and S. Kingsway stops (the 2 least used).

The Parkside stop provides closer access to Sunnyside Swimming Pool, Budapest Park (and other Lakeshore Boulevard Parklands), and the Caribana Grande Parade. The South Kingsway stop definitely not needed.

The Parkside stop, for those oblivious to the '504 along Queensway and 501 up Roncy' discussion, would be to allow the many time mentioned Parkside shuttle up to Keele Station. Oddly, without the streetcar stopping, the masses wishing to head to the subway would wear through perfectly good shoes skidding on the ashphalt in lieu of the King Car stopping.

Tsk, tsk, there's always the other northern shuttle links mentioned up to the subway. Perhaps Florsheim should open outlets at the affected Line 2 stations?

Back