News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 395     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

I was exiting the train at Union this morning and noticed how dirty the station is getting. The barriers set up for the weekend crush on the streetcar were pushed to the side and it was obvious that no one had touched them all week when they mopped the floor. I then looked around and it looks like no one dusts, mops or scrapes the gum.

It is appalling that we have spent all that money upgrading the station and neither the TTC nor its employees care that the station is so dirty.

I also exited Old Mill this weekend. Love the bridged portion of the station. I just wish they clean it at least once a year!

I hope the new CEO is self-reflecting enough to give himself an "F" on the scorecard for cleanliness.

Given how many red vests they have twiddling their thumbs at Union, perhaps they can be conscripted for cleaning and be useful instead being human traffic cones against flow? You got to wonder if the TTC station managers have a practice of actually drop by twice a day to do the visual rounds.

And yeah, I can't see some of the finishes lasting - the amount of salt dumped for winter is already showing up as stone efflorescence along the bottom of the street level staircases.

AoD

Last edited:
As I use PRESTO I may have missed this but today on a 75 bus I noticed TTC flyers about POP. See below.

Are ALL surface (only?) routes now POP? "Anywhere Anytime" seems to say you need proof of payment on all TTC services.

Attachments

• POP.pdf
    385.9 KB · Views: 375
As I use PRESTO I may have missed this but today on a 75 bus I noticed TTC flyers about POP. See below.

Are ALL surface (only?) routes now POP? "Anywhere Anytime" seems to say you need proof of payment on all TTC services.
This is the ultimate plan that anyone can be inspected anywhere on the TTC. It makes it easier to inspect those that jumped the back door at a subway station. This notices have quietly gone up as it's easier to tell everyone to get a transfer than to tell people where only ride streetcars to get one. People still don't understand they need one if they were taking a streetcar from a subway station.

Given how many red vests they have twiddling their thumbs at Union, perhaps they can be conscripted for cleaning and be useful instead being human traffic cones against flow? You got to wonder if the TTC station managers have a practice of actually drop by twice a day to do the visual rounds.

And yeah, I can't see some of the finishes lasting - the amount of salt dumped for winter is already showing up as stone efflorescence along the bottom of the street level staircases.

AoD
Custodial work is probably a union job.

Union would file grievance if the red helpers did cleaning.

These are on Lakeshore Blvd east of the portal from the Humber Loop. If the Lakeshore construction is done, what are they for?
Lake.jpg

Attachments

• Lake.jpg
    Lake.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 632
These are on Lakeshore Blvd east of the portal from the Humber Loop. If the Lakeshore construction is done, what are they for?
View attachment 150981
I asked that question going back as far as Feb and no answer. I have posted photos of them here and on my site.

Could be someone got the number of rails needed for this area wrong.

The only place I can see them going to is west of Park Lawn or for the New ROW east of Parkside Dr to King. Both will be long drags, since everything from Park Lawn to Parkside is new and rebuilt.

I asked that question going back as far as Feb and no answer. I have posted photos of them here and on my site.

The only place I can see them going to is west of Park Lawn or for the New ROW east of Parkside Dr to King. Both will be long drags, since everything from Park Lawn to Parkside is new and rebuilt.
Or the Kipling Loop but that is special work, not tangent track.

When does work on the "new ROW east of Parkside Dr to King" start?

When does work on the "new ROW east of Parkside Dr to King" start?
2019 when they do the full intersection replacement for King/Queen/Roncy/Queensway, as well all tracks and switches in/out of Roncey yard. New far side stop platform will be build on both sides of Queen as well, removing the current eastbound stop.

Back