News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 405     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Supposed to take place Aug 26, with more info to follow
I'm wondering if they've already started tweaking the programming.

I've seen a couple of 506 trips last week that should have, and previously always did get an extra charge - show as a transfer.

And yet some idiot will still try and find a way into driving into the tunnel, probably thinking it's free parking or a portal to Chicago or something.

Especially because the TTC is too stupid to realize they need additional warnings meters BEFORE the tunnel, like colouring of the ROW. Heaven forbid the TTC actually colour a ROW. /facepalm

Especially because the TTC is too stupid to realize they need additional warnings meters BEFORE the tunnel, like colouring of the ROW. Heaven forbid the TTC actually colour a ROW. /facepalm

You mean like this?

upload_2018-7-25_15-46-22.png

If there's anyone that's stupid, it's the drivers who can't seem to take a hint despite all the warnings. Next time try directing your rant to where it's merited, instead of running your mouth off at the TTC.

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-25_15-46-22.png
    upload_2018-7-25_15-46-22.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 743
You mean like this?

View attachment 151386

If there's anyone that's stupid, it's the drivers who can't seem to take a hint despite all the warnings. Next time try directing your rant to where it's merited, instead of running your mouth off at the TTC.
I still believe the TTC should paint all streetcar ROWs red (like the Viva Rapidways) along the ENTIRE right of way. Of course, physical obstructions like gates and non-concrete surrounded tracks would make it obvious, but colouring the whole thing might be good.

I still believe the TTC should paint all streetcar ROWs red (like the Viva Rapidways) along the ENTIRE right of way. Of course, physical obstructions like gates and non-concrete surrounded tracks would make it obvious, but colouring the whole thing might be good.
At least one car went into the QQ tunnel even after the ROW was coloured and the bumps created on it. Some people are simply stupid and it will not be long before someone drives through the gates they are erecting in the next week or so and keeps on going.

At least one car went into the QQ tunnel even after the ROW was coloured and the bumps created on it. Some people are simply stupid and it will not be long before someone drives through the gates they are erecting in the next week or so and keeps on going.
But not the entire ROW is coloured. Also, black and yellow stripes don't contrast well with yellow/gray concrete.

You mean like this?

View attachment 151386

Thanks for posting that. I didn’t know about that paint, it has never been posted here and I haven’t walked down there in a few months.

You could have just posted the photo to correct me, I don’t know why you had to use such language.

Yeah.....

On one hand, one shouldn't read too much into these things, after all: "Colle said he had a position in the private sector lined up, but could not yet speak about it publicly.".

What with Pritchard on the loose, and now Colle...I dunno. Not yet a trend, but perhaps the beginning of one? I suspect he sees rough waters ahead for the TTC. Make that *rougher* waters...

Add in the ATC review and executive departures. Dots are aligning to a point I can see the makings of a trend. Still too early to tell what it could be regarding.

It should be something different than bare concrete imo. And not just for logical reasons like alerting drivers (which could come in handy on QQW...just try driving s/b on Spadina to QQ e/b). But aesthetics too. Cobblestone, pavers, alternating colour pavers, brick, coloured concrete (actually in the mix and not just paint), clover. What exists now does look good. But it can look better. And when any work is required on the track the material can be easily removed and doesn't require deafening jackhammering for days at a time.

Back