News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 405     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Wow - dumbed down to the point of not being as useful at first glance.

Lot of good information from loading current site. And so much mroe clearly one click away.

Now there's a big huge picture, very few links, and no actual information!

Another useless TTC failure, and poor customer service!

Old Site
upload_2018-7-12_16-37-45.png

New site
upload_2018-7-12_16-38-25.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-12_16-37-45.png
    upload_2018-7-12_16-37-45.png
    421.2 KB · Views: 701
  • upload_2018-7-12_16-38-25.png
    upload_2018-7-12_16-38-25.png
    968.5 KB · Views: 741
Wow - dumbed down to the point of not being as useful at first glance.

Lot of good information from loading current site. And so much mroe clearly one click away.

Now there's a big huge picture, very few links, and no actual information!

Another useless TTC failure, and poor customer service!

Old Site
View attachment 149822

New site
View attachment 149824
A C C E S S I B I L I T Y

A C C E S S I B I L I T Y
That's not even a word ... 1t's 13 letters separated by spaces.

Seriously though, it looks a lot more inaccessible to me. Once opening the page, previously the most important information was right there. Only had to look at the screen.

Now you have to click or something. It clearly discriminates against people who don't have arms.

This perhaps is what they should be transmitting to devices like phones. Not to desktops!

Seriously though, it looks a lot more inaccessible to me. Once opening the page, previously the most important information was right there. Only had to look at the screen.

Now you have to click or something. It clearly discriminates against people who don't have arms.

This perhaps is what they should be transmitting to devices like phones. Not to desktops!
Have you look at the code behind the site????? What you think you may no be seeing is written in the code behind the screen.

Check view page source to see the code.

Bylaw, all government and public service site have to comply with accessibly standards. This is done by speak, accesskey, link click and so on. Even colors must comply with standards.

Sleeping at Dundas West Station
28507358427_02a1f2414c_b.jpg

A new website is needed. The old one is problematic to manage and is too clustered. Heck when they add a new route, they have to manually update the route sidebar on every route. It's so time consuming and mistakes happen. Being a beta site, not everything has been added in place.

Dupont Station easy access is supposed to be delay by a year due to a third party contractor issues for the site. Work was to be completed by year end. TTC is watching this closely and working with all parties to see if work can be completed earlier than plan for now. Sounds like a problem with a sub contractor to the main contractor.

Dupont Station easy access is supposed to be delay by a year due to a third party contractor issues for the site. Work was to be completed by year end. TTC is watching this closely and working with all parties to see if work can be completed earlier than plan for now. Sounds like a problem with a sub contractor to the main contractor.
I assume you got this info from Joe Cressy's Ward newsletter. He says:

Dupont Station Easier Access Program - Construction Update
As part of TTC's commitment to provide accessible transit, work is underway at the Dupont and Spadina intersection to install new elevators that will make Dupont Station accessible to all customers. The project was originally scheduled to be completed at the end of this year. However, earlier this year, we learned of a delay of 1 year to the completion date of the project.

Since I learned of the proposed delay, I have met with Senior staff at the TTC to understand the reasons for the delay and work to do everything possible to reduce the timeline. Let me be clear, the delay for this project is unacceptable.

The TTC have informed me that difficulties with the third-party contractor have caused the current delay. Currently, the TTC is monitoring work on site over the next 6 weeks, requesting a recovery schedule for the lost time and meeting with senior executives at the company to make the difficulties and need for resolution clear.

Again, the delay in construction is unacceptable. I know the impact that this project has had on the local community; from lane reductions, decreased traffic flow and construction noise to inconveniences within Dupont Station itself, impacts are expected during construction projects. However, there is also an expectation that the project will be completed on time and with the local community in mind.

I have been very clear with TTC senior staff that we need to do everything possible to reduce the proposed new timeline. I am committed to working with the TTC on an ongoing basis to identify opportunities to create efficiencies, bundle work and speed up the process on site.

I assume you got this info from Joe Cressy's Ward newsletter. He says:

Dupont Station Easier Access Program - Construction Update
As part of TTC's commitment to provide accessible transit, work is underway at the Dupont and Spadina intersection to install new elevators that will make Dupont Station accessible to all customers. The project was originally scheduled to be completed at the end of this year. However, earlier this year, we learned of a delay of 1 year to the completion date of the project.

Since I learned of the proposed delay, I have met with Senior staff at the TTC to understand the reasons for the delay and work to do everything possible to reduce the timeline. Let me be clear, the delay for this project is unacceptable.

The TTC have informed me that difficulties with the third-party contractor have caused the current delay. Currently, the TTC is monitoring work on site over the next 6 weeks, requesting a recovery schedule for the lost time and meeting with senior executives at the company to make the difficulties and need for resolution clear.

Again, the delay in construction is unacceptable. I know the impact that this project has had on the local community; from lane reductions, decreased traffic flow and construction noise to inconveniences within Dupont Station itself, impacts are expected during construction projects. However, there is also an expectation that the project will be completed on time and with the local community in mind.

I have been very clear with TTC senior staff that we need to do everything possible to reduce the proposed new timeline. I am committed to working with the TTC on an ongoing basis to identify opportunities to create efficiencies, bundle work and speed up the process on site.
Yet another Bondfield disaster. They really need to be banned from constructing transit projects for a solid 10-15 years, maybe by that time they'll get their act together.

The spacing indicates irony on the internet. Common among young people, especially the meme communities, amirite @Leo_Chan?

I was exiting the train at Union this morning and noticed how dirty the station is getting. The barriers set up for the weekend crush on the streetcar were pushed to the side and it was obvious that no one had touched them all week when they mopped the floor. I then looked around and it looks like no one dusts, mops or scrapes the gum.

It is appalling that we have spent all that money upgrading the station and neither the TTC nor its employees care that the station is so dirty.

I also exited Old Mill this weekend. Love the bridged portion of the station. I just wish they clean it at least once a year!

I hope the new CEO is self-reflecting enough to give himself an "F" on the scorecard for cleanliness.

Dream on! The new CEO was the Acting CEO and this is from his July Report to TTC Board:

View attachment 150267

The move to put the cleaners mostly in peak periods was something previously shifted the other way.

The rationale then was that the cleaners could do a more thorough job, more quickly with customers out of the way..

I think that was essentially right.

Full garbage bags need to be changed, spills mopped up, and washrooms given a quick seeing to on a regular basis throughout the day.

But proper cleaning (floor polishing, cleaning the escalators, scraping gum off floors, washing windows, power-washing walls and bus platform areas, and deep cleaning washrooms are all better left to periods of low or no traffic.

Its safer, and easier and allows you to stretch your resources a bit.

The things they need to do to up cleanliness scores really fall under 'finish the thought'.

This would describe the Union situation in the sense of 'don't keep skipping a challenging spot, and don't leave materials out when they should be put away.

But it also applies to a couple of situations in Bloor-Yonge w/ceilings.

On the lower level, they replaced some of the damaged silver slats over the tracks a couple of years ago.

Of course, the new stuff is much cleaner than the older slats and makes the older ones grimy-ness that much more obvious.

Likewise, they put new ceiling finishes in one of the mezzanines, but opted not to do the section right over the stairs/escalator which still has the old paper square ceiling tiles, as opposed to the reflective finish.

It looks worse 1/2 done that it did before.

I get that it could be a challenge, but i don't get why you can't fabricate a platform that fits over the opening in the stairs to stand on and change out the ceiling in one night, overnight from Saturday to Sunday.

Things like that show a lack of effort and understanding of optics that just annoys me no end.

TTC Overhead Sign At Queen St On Spadina Ave ROW For Route 510 As How To Change From Pantograph To Poles To Go In/Out Of Service
43429067782_a400600e8d_b.jpg

I wonder if those style of signs for Insulation Points - drive under with power off could be done considering how many drivers seem not to turn off the power.

Back