News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 399     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Yorkdale next please! :rolleyes:

I second that motion.

20101029-subway_arc.jpg

Just use LED lights this time, instead of neon.

I had heard that the TTC were intending to make the seats with disabled priority blue but assumed it was only on new streetcars and subways (and buses I guess) but yesterday I was on an old streetcar that had them. Good idea.

During the August 19, 2014, TTC board meeting, they will be presenting a report on subway closures. See link.

There are 10 planned closures remaining in 2014:

1. August 16/17 – St. Andrew to Union (Union 2nd platform)
  2. August 23/24 – Bloor to Eglinton (track & signaling)
  3. September 6/7 – Bloor to Lawrence (track, signaling & CCTV)
  4. October 11-13 – St. George to Union to Bloor (signaling)
  5. October 18/19 – Bloor to Eglinton (track & signaling)
  6. November 1/2 – Bloor to Eglinton (track & signaling)
  7. November 8/9 – Bloor to Eglinton (signaling)
  8. November 15 – Bloor to Eglinton (track)
  9. November 15 – Kennedy to Warden (track)
  10. December 6/7 – Union to Bloor (signaling)

A further 27 planned as a minimum in 2015. Dates and locations of those will be announced well in advance and all will be supported by comprehensive customer communications.

By way of comparison; the signaling upgrade of the Jubilee line on the London Underground required over 50 different full and part line weekend closures over 3 years completing in 2011. Closures still happen on sections of the line even today, this is to meet the continuing need for track and asset maintenance in order to sustain improved levels of reliability.

Last edited:
Not having the St Clair crossover enabled is annoying as it makes these closures worse than they could be. But we have to wait and wait for the new signals instead, ho hum...

This TTC Report for discussion next week is proposing HUGE changes to the TTC including timed transfers (2-hour passes), more night routes, better service ...

http://www.ttc.ca/About_the_TTC/Com...ies_to_Improve_Transit_Service_in_Toronto.pdf

This is amazing!!

Things I love:
- Increase in service, 10 min minimum network.
- Express buses network! Lawrence express bus
- Increasing service on existing downtown express buses and reducing price to normal fare
- Queue jump lanes, transit priority signalling
- Better route management
- 2 hour travel for one fare. For me this is huge since I don't have a metropass. I can do tons of shorter trips & errands on transit and have it cost much less.

The unfortunate thing it says many of this can't happen until more buses & the new bus garage happens in 2018.

These proposals are great but none of them can happen without a substantial increase in funding from council.

Back