1.5K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 415     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

This is amazing!!

Things I love:
- Increase in service, 10 min minimum network.
- Express buses network! Lawrence express bus
- Increasing service on existing downtown express buses and reducing price to normal fare
- Queue jump lanes, transit priority signalling
- Better route management
- 2 hour travel for one fare. For me this is huge since I don't have a metropass. I can do tons of shorter trips & errands on transit and have it cost much less.

The unfortunate thing it says many of this can't happen until more buses & the new bus garage happens in 2018.

Yes, the Transit City Bus Plan is a very nice plan.

I'm a little concerned that I'm not seeing better route management anywhere in the document. I know that was an important component of the original Transit City Bus Plan. Has the TTC already begun to implement that component of the plan? I seem to remember discussion about it a few months ago.

Yes, the Transit City Bus Plan is a very nice plan.

I'm a little concerned that I'm not seeing better route management anywhere in the document. I know that was an important component of the original Transit City Bus Plan. Has the TTC already begun to implement that component of the plan? I seem to remember discussion about it a few months ago.

McNicoll has to be the first priority for increasing bus service. Increase storage and maintenance facilities, and lots of other things become possible.

I wonder what the chances of Council approving this thing are.

Ironically, if they do approve this, Transit City will be 100% reinstated, with the 3 TC LRTs and the TCBP funded and/or under construction. We would have come full circle.

I wonder what the chances of Council approving this thing are.
It's only going to the Commission.

Councillor Stintz is going to have apoplexy - this completely rolls back every aspect of the Karen Stintz cuts! If nothing else, it's a big "Fuck you" farewell from TTC staff to Karen Stintz!

I have to say that I'm not only quite pleased but also pretty excited at the possibility of this report getting implemented. The littlest things can make a big difference in updating a behemoth like the TTC to a more modern, rational standard of service.

Stintz does worry me somewhat though. Hopefully her credibility is suitably low enough that she'll be unsuccessful.

Where does the Commission get the funding from? And what are the chances of approval. We all know Stintz won't be on board.
City and fare increases.

We're talking a pittance for operations cost. $17 million next year. Last years's 5¢ fare increase raised $37 million. So that's a 2.5¢ fare increase, and no city funding increase.

After that it's closer to $50 million a year. So raise fares an extra dime - once, and you've funded the entire thing. Now you've still got the capital costs. Most of which are new vehicles and garage.

We're not talking much money here. And $20 million of it is for the 2-hour transfers ... which quite frankly I don't see how they can avoid when Presto get's implemented.

She voted against the McNicoll bus garage, so clearly she's not interested in improving service.
Karen Stintz has really shown her colours as a pro-Ford anti-Transit die-hard Tory.

Politically she's finished. Sadly she'll likely try and take the rest of the city down the toilet with her.

comIAR2.png

In other words, TTC wants Transit City Bus Plan back. Lets hope they get what they want. TCBP would be a massive improvement from the status quo.

Four wasted years.

Going through the original bus plan, many of the points could have been implemented this year, 2014, or previous years. Instead, we'll have to add four or five years to the almost all the years in the original. With this new plan, hopefully they've used the original as a starting off point.

Back