News   Apr 26, 2024
 2K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 429     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1K     1 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

I moved to TO over 15 years ago and was amazed at the number of people who made 3 point turns, and did so very badly. I was also amazed at how other drivers usually waited patiently while they tried! In most other cities you would not dare to make these turns, not because you might get a ticket but because you might get killed. Are they really legal in Toronto?

A U-turn, whether you perform it in a loop or as a three point turn, is legal unless it is signed 'no U turns' and the street is (of course) two way.

Something like that - sorry I don't memorize t-test equations. Looks so much simpler than the nightmares it used to give me 30 years or so ago. I'll leave it as an exercise for a user though.

Sigh. I don't wonder you find statistics gives you unexpected results. If I got behind the controls of a jumbo jet it would give unexpected results too!

Sigh. I don't wonder you find statistics gives you unexpected results. If I got behind the controls of a jumbo jet it would give unexpected results too!
Hence my reluctance to off any statistics other than a straight line with disclaimer. Feel free to analyze! I can pass you the data set if you want.

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet, but 4423 enter service today and is currently on 510 northbound.

That about 14 days from arrival to in-service.

I moved to TO over 15 years ago and was amazed at the number of people who made 3 point turns, and did so very badly. I was also amazed at how other drivers usually waited patiently while they tried! In most other cities you would not dare to make these turns, not because you might get a ticket but because you might get killed. Are they really legal in Toronto?

They certainly are. Performing a proper three point turn is a requirement to pass your exam to obtain a licence.

I was on 4423 today ... and pulled this piece of tape off of a window, maybe it explains the issues ? It was also by far the jerkiest new one I've been on, and the regenerative breaking system had a serious whine to it.

tbay.png

what? no press release??
TTC stops doing this sometime ago.

You need to use the trackers to see it go into service or someone reports it seeing it in service.

I'm very surprise it went into service since it been in the shop for at least 4 days or more with very little testing on line. I expected it would be out for testing the rest of the week and how wrong was I.

Sounds like TTC given up getting the cars they want and speck in the first place just to get cars into service ASP due to the nearly 2 year delay. I have found the last few cars to be rough to ride.

Batteries in these cars or the next replacement will be standard to the point all the overhead will be remove. This will be a huge cost saving all around for TTC.

Back