News   May 09, 2024
 573     0 
News   May 09, 2024
 480     0 
News   May 09, 2024
 795     1 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

Probably wouldn't. It needs to make it here this weekend for a chance to enter service this month.
To do that, it needs to be on a flat in CP yard for tonight pickup and be at Hillcrest Monday to make Aug service. Hasn't been out for testing yet. Could be ship end of next week, but track record says Aug 28.

This puts us on a pace of only seeing 4427 in service by year end

So far they seem to be keeping on a schedule of one every two weeks or so. Hopefully at this point the productions problems and delays will be behind them and we can actually start seeing more of them in service in other parts of the city then just the there routes they have them on now.

4404 derailed at King and Bathurst, via Twitter:
Cp_X7NTWYAIUOF9.jpg:large

CBC News article on the matter: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...-up-1-derailed-on-king-and-bathurst-1.3723002

My friend posted a video on facebook driving the opposite direction of the backed up streetcars. 25 in a row (including 2-3 double length) before there's any sort of break that isn't an intersection. I've never seen anything like it before.

Last edited:
I wonder what would happen if (when) one of those derails and over bends the articulation joint.

I wonder what would happen if (when) one of those derails and over bends the articulation joint.

I wonder which part of the articulation structure has the most give, or has a built-in break point. I'm trusting that the scenario was considered in the design.

- Paul

I also wonder what the power module does when the whhels slip - reduce by bogie? By axle? All you need in a pushing-around-corner scenario on a wet rail day is for the front wheelset to power down and leave the rearmost wheelset doing the pushing.

- Paul

CBC now reports the Flexity was coupled behind a disabled ALRV, attempting to push it back to the yard.

Back