News   Jun 24, 2024
 143     0 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 4.9K     6 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.9K     3 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

I just want to say that 4422's GPS seems to have more problem than the other new cars. Now it's off the tracks in a residential area near Humber Bay.

How about that accelerated Bombardier schedule eh? hahaha
Based on what I have seen the last week with the tracker, there is a major problem with 4422 that it spent most the week in the yard and has been in the repair bay the last 4 days. This is on top of all the other visit to the bay since June 28.

At the same time, a number of the existing fleet has spent days in the repair bays before 4422 went back in. There been time as many as 4 were inside.

4422 could have been waiting for parts to be ship to the Barns to fix the problem and other cars could have gone under inspection to see if they have similar problems as 4422.

Depending what the problem for 4422 is, it could hold up delivery to fix the problem(s) before they are ship.

Since Bathurst is now open, cars can be ship to Hillcrest starting this week again.

Depending on the issue(s) with 4422, we should see it by the end of the month.

I also noticed over haft the fleet is not in service by 7:30 am for the last week for weekday service.

Based on what I have seen the last week with the tracker, there is a major problem with 4422 that it spent most the week in the yard and has been in the repair bay the last 4 days. This is on top of all the other visit to the bay since June 28.

At the same time, a number of the existing fleet has spent days in the repair bays before 4422 went back in. There been time as many as 4 were inside.

4422 could have been waiting for parts to be ship to the Barns to fix the problem and other cars could have gone under inspection to see if they have similar problems as 4422.

Depending what the problem for 4422 is, it could hold up delivery to fix the problem(s) before they are ship.

Since Bathurst is now open, cars can be ship to Hillcrest starting this week again.

Depending on the issue(s) with 4422, we should see it by the end of the month.

I also noticed over haft the fleet is not in service by 7:30 am for the last week for weekday service.

What exactly is the problem? Every production car up to 21 has been running fine and all of a sudden 22 comes in and BANG....freezes the entire production line again??!!

Ask SEPTA about their 120 new cars that have been pull from service for structure problems. Its possible Denver may have to do the same thing. The supplier of the problem is bankrupy.

I am only able to go by what I have seen so far and not the norm so far.

Until I talk to someone in the know, no clue what the problem(s) is.

If its a major problem that only surface with 4422, its very possible delivery could be put on hold to make sure the next batch of cars don't have it to fixing the problem first before shipment can take place. Cars here will be inspected to see if they have issue with 4405 & 4408 have been in the shop the longest. 4405 still there and 4408 in the yard now after last saw in the shop early today.

4422 arrive on June 17, 24 days ago and still at least 10 plus day from service to say there is a problem.

I just find it very disappointing for such a reputable company to be still finding fundamental flaws if it is indeed the case after 1 year of testing and another to sort out the Mexican hash up.
Its not like the airline industry where sometimes a flaw is found due to structural fatigue due to the thousands of flight hours....These cars are virtually brand new!!!!!!!

I just find it very disappointing for such a reputable company to be still finding fundamental flaws if it is indeed the case after 1 year of testing and another to sort out the Mexican hash up.
Its not like the airline industry where sometimes a flaw is found due to structural fatigue due to the thousands of flight hours....These cars are virtually brand new!!!!!!!
These things do happen from time to to for various things. Some happen within a short time frame to a few years.

Most of SPETA new fleet is only a year or 2 old and Denver not even a year old.

Singapore is shipping all their new cars back to the manufacture now
http://qz.com/724156/the-chinese-co...ew-subway-cars-has-big-problems-in-singapore/

Metrolink is using locos in place of their new cab cars, as the plows are defected due to poor welding as well a few other things.

I noticed a new streetcar wrap for the Flexity, a full size wrap with a beer ad for Budweiser or Bud Light or something like that. Don't get me wrong, I like my drink, but it just seems a bit incongruous for a city agency to promote drinking on the outside of a transit vehicle. Especially with the whole LCBO mantra on "social responsibility".

LCBO has always advertised with the TTC, they have posters in stop shelters pretty frequently. Sometimes I see a new product I didn't know about so I personally don't have a problem with it.

I just noticed on Nextbus at 11:35am on Tuesday July 12th, that 4422 is in revenue service on the 510 Spadina Line. I did not see it in service yesterday or last night, so it must have just gone into service this morning.

Back