News   May 13, 2024
 799     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 761     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

One of these things is not like the others:

streetview.png

damn...i barely take the streetcar...really want to ride them though...

MetroMan
One of these things is not like the others:

The centre light should be mandatory. That they didn't include it makes me think I may have to go around gluing flashlights on these things.

I don't remember if this has been discussed before, but I really hope a bell is added to the new streetcars. It's not Toronto without a ding ding when streetcars approach each other.

Well, we don't actually need a bell per se. I'd be happy with a decent speaker playing a digital recording of a bell. The sound itself is useful simply for being distinct - and more civilized - than a horn.

I"m glad that we have some semblance of advance lights in these cars though.

I don't remember if this has been discussed before, but I really hope a bell is added to the new streetcars. It's not Toronto without a ding ding when streetcars approach each other.

It's not just a Toronto thing, all streetcars should have the conductor's bell.
In Boston you hear them every thirty seconds on their Green Line.

the new streetcars absolutely must have horses pulling them to be authentic, i think everyone would agree??

I don't get the obsession with a middle light. Can someone please explain this to me? I would think if it weren't in the RFP it wouldn't be important, and hence why it's not on the new LRV design.

The centre light is NOT a Toronto thing. Throughout most of its history, the TTC used generic rolling stock mass produced for cities around the world. Although it would be neat and my preference for the new streetcars to have a centre light for old time's sake, don't be fooled into thinking it's a Toronto trademark! I suppose that the only valid argument might be that the CLRVs were built at a time when the centre light had been abandoned, therefore maybe Toronto was at least somewhat unique in keeping it.

That's the plan. Prototypes should be here sometime in 2012. Production vehicles start arriving in 2013. I'm sure it will slip some ...

Hopefully, there will be comment sheets at the display, or people who will record comments made by the public. Wonder if they will listen to the comments and make changes if possible?

Hopefully, there will be comment sheets at the display, or people who will record comments made by the public. Wonder if they will listen to the comments and make changes if possible?

They already did the first time when they had a bunch of prototypes at the CNE a few years ago. Besides, what do you think the whole "Toronto Choose Your New Ride" website was all about. The public HAS had its say in the design of the new streetcars and probably won't listen to suggestions about adding a middle headlight.

Back