Toronto X The Condominium | ?m | 44s | Great Gulf | a—A

Weirdfishes

Yeah I agree, I'm hoping this isn't the final product

The brick looks pre-fabed and is the only point of contention in their workmanship so far, they look like they came in sections which doesn't make the brick work succinct

Uh oh ... is it pre-cast brick walls again ??

Hi, is there anyone know what would be the elevator arrangement? I am confused since there are many different sayings:

1.) All 4 elevators go to all floor
2.) All 4 elevators go to low floors, and only 2 elevators go to the top
3.) 2 elevators go to the low floors exclusively, and 2 elevators go to the top exclusively

Anyone can confirm which arrangement would be? Thanks.

- Elevator 1 services all floors
- Elevator 2 services floors P6-ground & 25-44
- Elevators 3 & 4 service floors P6-24

This information is directly from GG head office.

Weirdfishes

Yeah I agree, I'm hoping this isn't the final product

The brick looks pre-fabed and is the only point of contention in their workmanship so far, they look like they came in sections which doesn't make the brick work succinct

Nope. It's all real brick. The 'sections' you see are perhaps the small spaces they must leave to let water drain so that things don't fail 20 years down the line. Here's some evidence from dt_toronto_geek:

Brick being laid:

x-townhomes.jpg

Finished brick, including the dreaded west wall:

X4_July4-09.jpg

*Woah - sorry for the inflated size...could a mod possible scale these down as I am unsure how to. Thanks!

Nope. It's all real brick. The 'sections' you see are perhaps the small spaces they must leave to let water drain so that things don't fail 20 years down the line. Here's some evidence from dt_toronto_geek:

Well, I think we are talking about the bad brick work done on the WEST side. The North side is not bad at all (referred above). But the West is choppy and the gaps do not line-up and it looks like some of the brick is buckling. Very poor workmanship in my eyes. I was hoping for something more like Casa's parking brick.

Last edited by a moderator:
I kinda wonder why X and CASA didn't opt for "shiny" black brick...it woulda looked amazing with the shiny glass. There's a new low rise somewhere on king west where I've seen that type of brick. Looks kinda lick glossy black granite but in brick...maybe it's a cost thing?

the railings have begun

balcony railings have started to be installed on the 5th floor. west elevation looks awesome. not your typical railing system at all: appears to be a full blown window, spires and all.
Bravo

Sept. 13th

A bright sunny day offered a limited peek as to the progress inside the lower suites. Also captured are the two completed (or nearly completed) lines of balconies on the south and west sides which look fabulous. Finally, I tried to get the best angle to capture the controversial west brick wall. I don't think it looks all that bad.

In my Casa & BSN postings tonight I also tried to get shots of what's happening inside the suites there but was not as successful for Casa

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Are there any renderings of the lobby/grounds showing the sculpture that is going to be installed?

I did not know there was going to be a sculpture... Where did you hear this? Also, does anyone have confirmation regarding the outdoor putting green that was planned? It looks like they are prepping it now.

As far as I know, there are no sculptures in the lobby

there is suppose to be one in the amenity area where the pool is (according to the renderings and scale model)

There are supposed to be some "art" installed in the building somewhere. I know because my contract was changed to show the amount the builder will spend on art installations. (I forgot the exact amount, sorry). I would think something must go in the lobby since that is the most common/seen location.

I think u'r right, there is prob going to "art" in the lobby ie. a mural or something and/or small pieces of art but nothing in terms of large sculptures

Back