Toronto X The Condominium | ?m | 44s | Great Gulf | a—A

Sept. 1 Update

If my count is correct, it looks like the 34th floor is being poured now

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

34th Floor!

And now the walls are going up on the 34th..the crane has been hoisting up alot since this morning..Dt excellent pics as always..!

Last edited:
Here is X Condo... It's really tall and skinny now!!!.... I am gonna do a before and after since I took a similar picture a little while back...

This shot of X Condo i took on July 30th, 2009:

3777720909_dc56e60eb6_b.jpg

Here are shots from Yesterday:

3887060695_1a4a59a969_b.jpg

3887072749_c7b0da33d6_b.jpg

I hope you enjoyed :)

Let me know how I did and what you think....

All photos by me: steveve

***PS... I you want to see more of my photos from yesterday of the Ten Tallest U/C then go here...

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?p=4441017&posted=1#post4441017

Peace :)

Xcellent photos! Amazing how much higher in approx 5 weeks eh? From your 30 July photo X was below the Realstar rental building and Bellagio now..9 floors to go..I just got back from the site and if I counted correctly...they are on 35th floor!! Besides tall and skinny this will be THE condo building downtown with the "wow" factor..about time in this city!

Actually I think I have to correct myself...I just returned from the X site and counted...if I counted correctly , they are actually now on floor 35 (how did 34 go so quick?!). That would mean only 9 more to go !:)

Last edited by a moderator:
So I walked past and noticed they started the balcony dividers on the south and north sides. They look like 1/2 foot solid walls and not the cheap glass dividers. This will be GREAT for privacy! Will be interesting to see how they are finished but I am guessing they will be black!!

Also they are putting up the frame work for the town home cladding.

Balcony dividers

Hi WeirdFishes!

You are absolutely right..the dividers will mean great privacy. I spoke with the construction foreman(foreperson..)and was told/shown there will be only 2 feet from the glass railing to the divider wall and that will be the frosted glass but also right to the ceiling..so solid dividers and remaining 2 ft glass partition right to the ceiling...very private..very nice!

Hi WeirdFishes!

You are absolutely right..the dividers will mean great privacy. I spoke with the construction foreman(foreperson..)and was told/shown there will be only 2 feet from the glass railing to the divider wall and that will be the frosted glass but also right to the ceiling..so solid dividers and remaining 2 ft glass partition right to the ceiling...very private..very nice!

X-cellent attention to small details. Impressive.

I was a bit worried we were going to get something like the Casa balcony dividers, really happy GG decided to take the higher ground.

Only 9 floors left to go? Damned, that went up so fast. I wish it was taller!

I usually don't like feeding the rumour mill, but will cave due to my admiration of this building. Might we see X2, and X3? I did hear something regarding this, and that they would be more extravagant than the original. Remember this is nothing concrete, only some rumblings regarding this development.

It would be great if we had a mini-TD Centre grouping up here to balance the one we have in the CBD. It would certainly raise the bar north of Dundas substantially. At present, the buildings are far more sophisticated in design south of Dundas than north. This is slowly changing.

I usually don't like feeding the rumour mill, but will cave due to my admiration of this building. Might we see X2, and X3? I did hear something regarding this, and that they would be more extravagant than the original. Remember this is nothing concrete, only some rumblings regarding this development.

It would be great if we had a mini-TD Centre grouping up here to balance the one we have in the CBD. It would certainly raise the bar north of Dundas substantially. At present, the buildings are far more sophisticated in design south of Dundas than north. This is slowly changing.

GG did buy 1BE site ... something like that would work there !

Cdr108, this sounds very promising!

Anything to substaintiate those rumours? I don't dispute it, just curious to know where it is coming from

It it does happen, it'll speak volumes for the project

Back