Toronto X The Condominium | ?m | 44s | Great Gulf | a—A

There will be at least one major sculpture.

I think u'r right, there is prob going to "art" in the lobby ie. a mural or something and/or small pieces of art but nothing in terms of large sculptures

I know only because I know the sculptor, Shayne Dark. I don't know any details of placement/size/cost/etc., so I was just wondering if anything official had been announced.

Sept 14th

From Jarvis Street. Now at the 37th floor, 7 more to go + mech.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Thanks for the great shots DT. Now if only Monarch can get off their arse and start selling/building couture this block will be complete.

I'd like to see Couture happen too, but it won't be complete until X2 (where the former Pizza Pizza offices + the two Victorians on Charles W. of Jarvis) is up. Then there was talk of something on the Gerstein property... actually, when is an area ever really complete...

Daily Commercial News

interesting that the second architect (Arsenault, not as big of a name as aA) doesn't even get mentioned anywhere for this project until now ...

The X on the rise in Toronto
September 16, 2009

110.jpg

WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY

Construction progresses on the X Condos in Toronto, Ont. The 44-storey, 410-unit project will include six levels of underground parking.

Tucker Hi-Rise is construction manager for the project. The owner is Great Gulf Homes and the building was designed by architectsAlliance and Arsenault Architect Inc.

Consultants are:

Halcrow Yolles (structural); Able Engineering (mechanical/electrical); and Janet Rosenberg & Associates (landscape).

Subtrades include:

ProGreen Demolition; Anpro Excavating & Grading; Cadetta Concrete & Drain; Deep Foundation Contractors Inc. (shoring/caissons); Canada Wide Reinforcing Steel Co. Ltd.; Italform Ltd. (formwork); Innocon Inc. (concrete supply); Primo Mechanical; Bellwood Sheet Metal Ltd. (HVAC); Speedy Electric Contractor Ltd.; Allan Window Systems Ltd.; and ThyssenKrupp Elevator Ltd.

http://www.dailycommercialnews.com/article/id35314

pleasing filler

Doesn't look black as in the renderings. If this were taller (at least 1.5X), it would have the potential to be a stunner. As it is, it's very pleasing filler.

Actually for a Toronto condo this is a stunner. Considering all the ugly , bland condo (and rental) architecture this city has , I have to say stunning..until X2 !

3X

It isn't as black as the renders because of the glass. The glass has has a green tint to it which lightens the overall appearance of the building. A grey tint in the windows would have been absolutely perfect.

Back