Toronto Treviso Condos | 91.13m | 24s | Lanterra | P + S / IBI

I still can't believe people are obsessing about the marketing. The tower is average at best. The choices in the cladding are uninteresting and overused. The design is awkward and busy. I don't understand the wall of spandrel right on the corner of the intersection.

I still can't believe people are obsessing about the marketing. The tower is average at best. The choices in the cladding are uninteresting and overused. The design is awkward and busy. I don't understand the wall of spandrel right on the corner of the intersection.

I like the development better than The Station condos at Wilson or anything at allen and sheppard. People have to be realistic what they expect from suburban development and i agree that the development looks very close to themodel or renders so i dont know what the complaining is all about. This is way better than the McDonald's and shoppers drugmart and it is not all glass. The only condos i think look better are the renders for the Yorkdale condos. And who knows if it will be as good as therenders.

Regardless of whether it looks or evokes Italian flavour lets consider how it meets the street. The varied material (brick, precast, glass, spandrel, metal) help to break up the base into smaller sections to help create some visual interest at grade level and helps to promote a walkable environment in an another wise hostile locale. The broken up face may also serve as a precursor to future smaller frontage retail adding different business dynamic to the area.

Is it a Pritzker prize winner? not even close. But does it do a decent job in its locale as suburban infill? absolutely.

This project miss the mark by 10,000 miles and doesn't even come close to represent Italy.

Considering what an average condo looks like in Italy nowadays, we have been lucky :p

Appartamento-in-Vendita-Fiumicino-Stoccolma-252878.jpg

source

I think it's a decent development, and a big improvement for this intersection.

Attachments

• Appartamento-in-Vendita-Fiumicino-Stoccolma-252878.jpg
    Appartamento-in-Vendita-Fiumicino-Stoccolma-252878.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 955
Last edited:
People are forgetting that while the architecture is fairly typical suburban schlock, it's an important game changer in urbanizing a former wasteland, and I wouldn't mind seeing that repeated along most of the arterial roads outside downtown. It's a big improvement.

Thanks very much for the pictures. Quite an improvement from the days of Consumers Distributing even though I do miss having an unlimited supply of free stubby pencils around.

The zipper effect on the balconies is eyecatching.

Amazing day's worth of photos, salsa. We'll have to look into creating a special order into which you can be inducted.

Feb 28
There is at least 30 retail units around the base of tower 1 and most are small with high ceiling. What will fill these units and when is another question.

Lot more up on site

16678859412_808853766a_b.jpg

16678856952_2fb33f6a65_b.jpg

16493730039_2feb5b4e1a_b.jpg

16678863802_a236061fc5_b.jpg

16653936916_c53bf38ca2_b.jpg

16492269598_12c245657b_b.jpg

16653923606_0788796a4a_b.jpg

Back